iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New solution for rough running Onan engines

Started by jpgreen, July 05, 2007, 10:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

I have a Lincoln Ranger 8 welder with an Onan engine that had recently started running a bit rough at idle. I keep it in the back of a limping Toyota 4x4 that needs some engine work, but right now makes a great generator shed for the Lincoln.

Well last night I was doing some cleanup and I started the Toyota to pull it up hill and out of the way, and I heard the Welder slide off the bed- looked in my rearview mirror, and saw it make a perfect cart wheel end over end, and landed upright down the bank... :-\

In shock I realized someone had forgotten to re-strap the thing down.  Of course it wasn't me.. ::)

Being the original owner and liking to keep my equipment looking new I was a bit angry to say the least, but aside from a little bent sheet metal, and scratched paint, the thing actually looked OK. Nothing broken.. 8) 

I got it back on the truck and I'll be dammed if the rough idle hadn't quit and it ran as smooth as new..    :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I'm a little leery about flipping my lt30 over an embankment or something, but I'll certainly keep it in mind.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

jp that sounds like something I would do. Airheads unite! 8) :D ;D :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

logwalker

Sounds like something we have ALL DONE at one time or another. Glad it survived so well. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

KGNC

I thought that is why they make most chain saws orange and red these days. So you can see them laying in the road when they roll off the truck!

jpgreen

This month's been a doozie.

2 weeks ago, I was going to pic up a big gas power welding rig- a huge Lincoln powered by a 4 cly flathead Ford engine. I had pulled out onto the street in Sacramento with no load on my landscape trailer, and I feel a bounce and a bang, I look in my rear view mirror, and watch the trailer flip over on it's side and land in four lanes of traffic.

In disbelief, I pull over- walk back and see the axle snapped at the spindle directly under the inner bearing...  :o Somehow the wheel missed all the cars coming the oposit way, and landed on the lawn across the street.  Cost me $150 to get it towed 300 yards away..  ;) ;D

It was a real old trailer.  Probably metal fatig.  Thank god I wasn't headed down the freeway with the welder.  It coulda killed someone..  :o

sawguy21

Quote from: logwalker on July 06, 2007, 01:42:13 AM
Sounds like something we have ALL DONE at one time or another. Glad it survived so well. Joe
I am pleading the fifth on this one. :P
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jpgreen

Sprucegum

Those little moments help keep the heart pumpin' eh?  ;D  ;D  ;D

jpgreen

Buzz-sawyer

(refering to post about lincoln welder)
Hey JP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ya ow may see the error in your past ways....in keeping all your gear inmint condition and looking good......machines dont truly respond well to that treatment.....every time I try to care for , paint or improve my ol junk it breaks down.
No, the key is....to treat it rough and use it too hard then run strong..... :o :o :D :D ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

jpgreen

I know you're right Buzz..  :D

When you comin' out west for a visit?  The Guest house is always ready..  :)

Thank You Sponsors!