iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I miss you LT!

Started by Piston, August 30, 2012, 03:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

As some of you know, myself and a freind of mine own an LT-15 together. Well, a few months ago (maybe even 4 months) he brought the mill to a freinds house to do some work and I haven't seen it since! 
I have to admit, I'm having sawdust withdrawals!  I haven't milled in months! 

Next week, I'm finally going down to pick up the mill and bring it back to its happy place (my yard!)

I can't wait to get the ole girl back and get some sawdust back in my bloodstream! 

You guys posting pics have carried me through these tough times!  Thank you!

I miss my LT!
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

petefrom bearswamp

I feel your pain to quote our old pres  Bill Clinton,
I get the shakes when I don't mill for a few days, but do take time off tho to fish and hunt.
Am going to Quebec next Wed to fish for 4 days and then to Wyoming on Oct 2 to hunt Antelope and elk.
I  shut down in our deer season and thru the winter as the snow (usually) is 3 to 4 feet deep at my mill site which is 1/4 mile from the nearest plowed road.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

bandmiller2

Sounds like the best option would be to sell your share and get a mill with hydraulics,loader and all the goodies.You have already cut your teeth on the manual and need to move up. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

Gday

Go Get It before you loose your sanity  :) ;) and Franks rite too Mate   ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Piston

I was actually thinking a little differently, instead of selling out my share and upgrading to a bigger mill with those lovely hydraulics, I would buy out his share and call the ole LT15 my own.    ;D

I should be picking it up this week.  I have a friend borrowing my trailer right now and as soon as he is done I'll be on my way  8)

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Jim_Rogers

Come over any day you need a fix.... I'm making sawdust all the time.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

What kind of wood you sawing? What are you building?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Piston

Quote from: thecfarm on September 03, 2012, 10:45:50 AM
What kind of wood you sawing? What are you building?

Me or Jim? ???
-Matt

Jim_Rogers

I'm in the middle of sawing over 500 pieces of fence lumber for my customer..... well not now it's night time, but tomorrow I will continue if it isn't raining here.....
If it is raining here I'll be in the shop sharpening blades.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Piston,I meant you. it's your thread.  ;D
But glad to hear from Jim too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Piston

Quote from: thecfarm on September 03, 2012, 10:16:33 PM
Piston,I meant you. it's your thread.  ;D
But glad to hear from Jim too.

:D :D  I thought you meant Jim.

I'm having a few trees dropped at my house by some "more experienced" people than me.  I should get 6 or so sawlogs out of them.  I figure it's a convenient excuse to get the mill back to it's more caring owner  ;)

I've met my match with these 3 trees though, I've taken down large trees near the house and always felt very confident and had a good plan before dropping them, but these ones, have power wires on 3 of the 4 sides, and on the 4th side is my uncles house, I figure I better quit while I'm ahead and call in the pros before I cause some damage!   ;D
-Matt

Thank You Sponsors!