iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can you lease a Woodmizer?

Started by Dave Shepard, April 14, 2007, 02:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I would like to lease or rent a Woodmizer for a short time, but have don't know if that is an option. The guy that had the LT40E15 my friends bought said he had done this in the past but I never got a chance to get further details. Thanks.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gary_C

Yes you can. They always come fully equiped with operator, blades, and fuel. You can get them by the hour, day, or bd ft. Just check in the upper right of the forum page and click on find a sawmill.  ;D

There is no other way I would lease my mill. I kind of like it just the way it is now. with good blade guide alignment and the dogs the same length.   :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Burlkraft

Gary might lease ya his pickup tho..... :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Dave Shepard

Well, I have had no luck tracking down this lease thing, although I have heard it mentioned several times. I know some leasing companies will buy whatever you want and lease it to you.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Tom

It's usually the manufacturer that puts you in touch with the leasing company that will  handle his product.

sawguy21

We sell to leasing companies and it is great for us. They don't grind the price, the lease rate is arranged with the customer in advance. They usually will not rent for a short term, the lease is normally at least two years. WM  may have a list of brokers you can choose from or check with a local equipment dealer.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Norwiscutter

Leasing companies are great, but expect to pay anywhere from 15-25 % interest by the time the mill is yours.(lease to own) If I was not going to own one long term, I think finding a sawer and having it done for you is the best option.  There are too many issues in the learning curve that just don't make a rental or short term lease worth while.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Fla._Deadheader

Thinkin about selling an "oversized" WM type ???  Interested ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

farmerdoug

FD,

What do you mean by oversized. ::)

Those logs you have down there in CR would crush poor Homey along with just about any Woodmizer too. :o :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Fla._Deadheader

Homey.  It's just sitting.  ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Dave Shepard

My financial situation won't allow me to purchase a machine, so I am looking into the leasing option, if it exists. I am currently running an LT40G24, and will be setting up an LT40E15 very shortly. The crux of the problem is neither is available to me to do the custom sawing that I have a demand for, so I was hoping to get my hands on one somehow to get this thing rolling and then buy one of my own. The search continues.

FDH, who, and or what is a Homey? :)

Dave

Fla._Deadheader

Here is "Homey" waiting for me to finish washing off a 36" Cypress log.

First, it is ridiculed;

Dave Shepard

As I mentioned above, I am not really in a position to buy a mill right now, but I wouldn't mind hearing a little more about Homey. Who built him, and just how big is he?

Dave

BBTom

Homey is a FF legend, designed and built by FDH while he was in Florida.  Check in the archives for all the particulars.  you might start with https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=13554.msg190130#msg190130
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

bull

Dave, the answer is (YES)... I have leased 2 mills as well as my resaw and tractors.... Also remember that as a buisness you can write off 100% of your lease payments annually.....
send me a PM. I have a friend who's in the Buisness who will be a great Help !!!

Thank You Sponsors!