iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dry lumber storage

Started by woodhick, January 07, 2005, 09:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhick

I have been milling and drying my own wood for use in my cabinet shop.   I have a problem with wood picking back up moisture as it is stored for any period of time longer than 2-3 months.  I am considering selling wood to local craftsmen on a retail level and I will need to store woods longer than this.  Just interested in how all you others are keeping your wood dry.  I know that I can keep my storage area temps around 20 degrees above the morning temperatures, but thats not  practical for a "showroom" when during the summer it may not drop below 70 degrees around here.  Thanks for any help.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

MemphisLogger

Drop $1000-2000 on an appropriately sized commercial dehumidifier with a pump to send the condensate outside or down the drain. Ebac makes really nice ones. I have an older CD100 that I scored on Ebay for $600. Sometimes I use it to finish drying ERC if I'm gonna use it for something indoors  
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Thank You Sponsors!