iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

50 inch blade on a belsaw

Started by timberjackpa, January 16, 2009, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjackpa

What is the max size saw a belsaw will handle? Thanks Tony

clawmute

Not certain of the maximum. I ran a 48" on mine and it performed great. 50" would be fine I believe as long as you have enough power. Ran mine on a Buick V6. The 48" was from the factory at my request and they said it was OK.
Money is a defense and knowledge is a defense, but the excellency of wisdom is that it gives life to them that have it.

HOGFARMER

Mine came from the factory with a 46" blade.  At the time that the M-14 was made they were avilable with either a 40" or 46".
Manual LT-30

bandmiller2

TJ,at the Belsaw feed rate I don't think you would have any problems.Big oak mayby slip the feed belts a little.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sparky

I bought 2 Bellsaw mills a few years back and both had 52" blades. The previous owner used belt power from a John Deere Model 80 farm tractor which has about 75 HP. I intend to place one of them in operation this spring. I am looking for a PTO adapter and would like to hear fromanyone that has one for sale.

Sparky in MN
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Thank You Sponsors!