iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatsit?

Started by Jeff, May 05, 2018, 03:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Don't eat those grapes!  :o
Say when

sprucebunny

A boot, a root and some moose poop.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Magicman

At least we have the evidence of who stepped in it.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

I'd rather they were owl pellets, but no, nothing like owl pellets.

chet

Dat be Porky Poop.   :o    And I'd say by da amount of Porky Poop and da hollow tree in your pic, we'd be lookin' at dat Porky's wilderness cabin.   :rifle:
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Winner winner porcupine dinner!

chet

Nope,  dat stuff's da result of his dinner.  :D  :D  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Magicman

You would never step in any of that in Spring Hollow.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chet

True wood pellets  ;D

SwampDonkey

You musta found porky's den. He in an old hollow yellow birch, spruce or a brush pile? I seen a recent hardwood thinning with rounded piles of brush left. That's an invite for the porkies. The maple around those brush huts took a good skinning this winter. :D I need a photo, maybe soon. ;)

I was walking the woodlot trails the other day and seen corn meal cereal in piles. :D This be bear country. We have a lot of them. The local bear hunter takes 3 or 4 off my land and neigbours' land. They just keep moving in. They have 3 paths in and out of the lot.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

olcowhand

I dislike them Porkys a great deal; shoot them on sight.
About 10 or 12 years ago, my ornery old horse (Spanky) learned not to try to bite them (much like a dog learns- the hard way). He had ~30 quills in his nose and lips. I found out that you can't constrain a horse tightly enough to get a pliers- grip on the quill. Even blindfolded, he'd feel the pliers jostle the quill, and jerk his head. Over the course of a week, we had pulled maybe half of them. My old dad and my wife and I would try to get more, but by then, he was swelled up and festering (did I mention that this horse was ornery?).
The following weekend, my brother was visiting, and I mugged ol' Spanky down, sat on his head- and my brother pulled the rest of the quills.
Until the day he died, if you reached over Spanky's head like you were going to wrestle him down, he'd get on his left knee and start laying down- just like one of those old cavalry horses.
Golly, I miss that old fool (and he probably thinks the same about me....)
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

sprucebunny

I guess I should have recognized that poop. My excuse is that it is usually 3-4 inches deep in my lumber storage tent  >:(
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Texas Ranger

some folks know  their,,,,scat.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Roxie

:D  That is true. 
Say when

fishpharmer

:D Guess it wasn't a nest full of newly hatched puddin stones like I first thought. ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

millwright

Must be a good year for them, I see a couple a year around here most years. This spring I have already seen a dozen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like a spilled box of Fruity Peebles.  :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

They look like giant green deer poop. I'm going to pick a bunch up, dry them and market them as all organic wood pellets for bbq smoking.  Porkies eat wood, so these must be wood.

Thank You Sponsors!