iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Starting a new job.

Started by BargeMonkey, April 23, 2014, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Took that picture standing on the small logpile, got the loader turned finally. Had to put 40yds of cobble in the stream crossing and using a 30ft bridge next week to get across the large stream.

chester_tree _farmah

Nice. Look at all that beautiful heavy metal!
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

luvmexfood

Bargemonkey. What is that directly behind the Barko? Splitter?
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

BargeMonkey

CTR slasher table. 20ft on an axle, I lucked out when I bought that loader. I can slash for days on a chain sharpening, I will never slash with a saw again on the header.

chester_tree _farmah

The long tall box on the right end has a huge bar saw that swings down to cut wood to length. Zip. Runs off the loader hydraulics. Is it a 60" BM?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

BargeMonkey

Ive never measured it, I think its 92 driver's.  The spare new bar I have is about 5'8" tall. Bar saw slasher is so nice.

BargeMonkey

Ken

Are your tops firewood or do you have a pulp market?
Lots of toys for working in the bush

windy hill farm

Hey BargeMonkey are you sure you're in upstate NY I don't see any snow in those pictures    :snowball:
New Holland TN-60DA, Farmi Winch 501,Rhino 9.5ft 3pt backhoe,Sthil 440,361,270, 170 and O26 and several trailers.

redprospector

Nice looking equipment, and log deck.
Wish we had a market left around here.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Woodhauler

Quote from: windy hill farm on April 26, 2014, 09:53:12 AM
Hey BargeMonkey are you sure you're in upstate NY I don't see any snow in those pictures    :snowball:
When i went to caledonia a couple weeks ago, the snow was all gone!! Only place i seen any was on hog back mountian in vermont!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

BargeMonkey

Its been snowing but wont stay. If I go above 2200ish feet you can still find it, the mountains are still white. Anything #2 or above I firewood, the cost to truck it and the firewood demand eats most of the low grade. We saw survey stakes by the pallet load, alot of ash, beech, soft maple and oak.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Ken on April 26, 2014, 04:49:58 AM
Are your tops firewood or do you have a pulp market?
I can ship hardwood pulp, but I prefer to firewood it. We ship 50-75 loads of softwood pulp to Finch every year, not a big money maker.

jwilly3879

I heard Finch was paying $109/cord for hardwood. Firewood pays $100 and it is local.

BargeMonkey

Sounds about right. Softwoods been paying 8-900 a load after trucking. I refuse to sell wood off the truck, not worth the hassle.

BargeMonkey

timberlinetree

Nice set up! Thanks for posting.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

coxy

Quote from: Woodhauler on April 26, 2014, 06:02:40 PM
Quote from: windy hill farm on April 26, 2014, 09:53:12 AM
When i went to caledonia a couple weeks ago, the snow was all gone!! Only place i seen any was on hog back mountian in vermont!!
hog back mountain haven't been there in 15 years the 100 mile view  :laugh: :laugh:

luvmexfood

Bargemonkey. That slasher has me puzzled as I have never seen anything like it. So what do you do? Take the loader and lay a log up on it and then use the loader to push the logs through it?

I can't believe the equipment you have for firewood. Honestly around here you can't hardly give it away. If you can get $120 for a full cord delivered and stacked you are doing good.

BargeMonkey

Firewood is big business up here. Ok, you see the saw in the box ?  See how all the bunks are, each bunk after the saw is measured, the 1st major one is 8'6", then 10-12-14- and so forth. Grab the log with the loader, slide it on the table, run the end past the bar and cut it to the length you want. If cutting smaller stuff we sometimes get 3-4-5 pieces of wood to a pile then reach in and grab a pile. Lever in the cab runs the saw, takes some getting used to swinging and running the saw at the same time. Accurate cut to length right from the cab. The real high dollar stuff I still get out and mark them just to be sure.

luvmexfood

Hope I didn't pester you just wondering. Years ago my BIL borrowed a homemade fence post splitter that someone had made. Back then when the mines were running strong they would make stuff like that on company time with company parts. Anyway it would split an eight foot locust in a heartbeat but problem being the split would follow the natural grain of the wood and you might have a fence post 8 inches in diameter on one end and two on the other end.

BargeMonkey

I will get a few pictures of it working up close. Once you own one you never go back. Circle saw is faster, but you need more HP from the loader, and im not a fan of throwing chunks of wood 150ft with the saw. There are guys up north who have built large spliters they use off the loaders for splitting pulp down, thats kinda neat to see.

ozarkgem

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 28, 2014, 10:59:33 PM
Firewood is big business up here. Ok, you see the saw in the box ?  See how all the bunks are, each bunk after the saw is measured, the 1st major one is 8'6", then 10-12-14- and so forth. Grab the log with the loader, slide it on the table, run the end past the bar and cut it to the length you want. If cutting smaller stuff we sometimes get 3-4-5 pieces of wood to a pile then reach in and grab a pile. Lever in the cab runs the saw, takes some getting used to swinging and running the saw at the same time. Accurate cut to length right from the cab. The real high dollar stuff I still get out and mark them just to be sure.
any way to get a video of that? Thanks   Jim
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

BargeMonkey

I will get one today of the slasher. Only guy I know with a big splitter is way up north, not common around here.

loggah

We had a hood slasher package on the s-182,the 6068 john deere had plenty of power for the circular saw.The good thing about the circular saw was with dirty or wood with frozen dirt on it the carbide teeth still worked well. when we had to split big pulp we just sawed partway thru it then split it with the loader bucket.Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Thank You Sponsors!