iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM legs

Started by Peter Drouin, October 01, 2010, 01:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

The new legs are great for leveling up the mill, but one problem that they overlooked is that they loosen because of vibration.  This is what I did to fix that problem. 

8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

This is for the back leg.  I had to put it upside down for it to fit and cut a small notch in the square hole for the point of the nut.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

One day working on snow and ice I loaded a log on the mill and mill, log and I slide about 6' and scared the devil out of me. So I fixed that by welding two nuts on the bottom of the legs.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

ljmathias

Wow, a slip-n-slide Wood master!  Does that mean you can mill while sliding down a snow and ice covered hill, slide the lumber off, pull the mill back up to the top and do it all over again?  sounds like fun   :D :D

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Chuck White

Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 01, 2010, 02:13:47 PM
One day working on snow and ice I loaded a log on the mill and mill, log and I slide about 6' and scared the devil out of me. So I fixed that by welding two nuts on the bottom of the legs.

I've had my mill move like that a couple of times too, but only about 6-8 inches or so.

Your fix gave me an idea, and I think I'll drill a couple of holes in the jack plates and screw "inch" bolts into them.

This way, they're easily removed too.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

Not after they're smashed a few times.....what about setting up on concrete or asphalt?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dan_Shade

you could always take 6 boards with you with holes drilled in the boards in the right locations.

I try to avoid setting up on concrete or asphalt, but if I do, I put boards under the outriggers anyways,
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Peter Drouin

Hi guys I all ways put boards down . and the weight will mash the 2 nuts down I will cut a log or two then check all the legs then im good for the day :) :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Chuck White

I've never had the chance to set up on concrete or asphalt!

The closest I've come to that was setting up on a "Seasonal limited use gravel road".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

Don't like setting up on concrete or asphalt nothing gives and you have to shim or be unsupported.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

customsawyer

I have cut one time on concrete and had shin splints so bad that could not hardly walk next day, won't be doing that again. It might have been better if my boots were made for walking on concrete.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodmills1

my 70 walks forward and the front legs end up slipping.  I put blocks under the tounge so she doesnt fall down
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!