iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jonserdd 670

Started by farmguy, June 06, 2016, 11:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmguy

In my shed I have my dads old 670 in 1000 pieces. It needs new crank seals and the top end has alot of hours on it. At the time it seemed I couldn't get any parts for it but it seams like there is more aftermarket stuff now days. I was wanting opinions on aftermarket bearings/ seals and a top end. And if its even worth doing. I also have a 2100 in good mechanical shape. Could use some paint. But I want to get a chain brake for it. I would be using a fairly short bar for fire wood

Spike60

There are no aftermarket top ends for the 670, and OEM is of course no longer available. Best route would be to try and clean up the cylinder and put a new piston in there. 670's share a common piston with the 266 and 268XP Huskys and are available in both OEM and aftermarket. 272 Husky top ends can be made to work, but require wholesale changes to the intake set up.

OEM seals are so cheap that it's silly to consider aftermarket items. Don't forget the O ring on the oil pump side.

Short bar 2100 for firewood would make for an interesting saw!
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

farmguy

have you ever got anything from this site. they show they have lots of part but weather or not they have them in stock idk.

http://www.lilredbarn.net/product-p/jsck670-50mm.htm they also say they have a big bore kit

http://www.lilredbarn.net/Jonsered-670-Chainsaw-Parts-s/508.htm

Timbercruiser

The 670 was a great saw its worth fixing up. It's a real nice mid size all purpose saw. You can buy a meteor 272 top end kit that has everything to convert it. It's a nice kit I put one on a 625 . It is a great bucking saw on the landing

Caloren

Farmguy,
I have bought several things from Lilredbarn over the years from carb kits to sprockets, chains and bars. Always happy with their service, shipping speed, and pricing.
Loren
Stihl MS 170, Stihl MS 310, Stihl 028 AV Super, and half a dozen other no-accounts! Cat D4 D.

farmguy

Yeah I will see if I can order it. See what kinda quality you get. Only problem I foresee is because I'm in Canada sometimes you get pooped on at the border with fees and crap

Thank You Sponsors!