iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recent Projects from scrap pieces

Started by Mooseherder, April 25, 2016, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I've been going thru my scrap pieces from other projects trying to make something useful instead of tossing into the burn pile.
Made some Book Racks that can be hung on a wall. 

My daughter wanted these to look old so I sanded them after putting on primer.

Magazine or Book Rack.

StoryPole Measuring Sticks for the Grandkids.  They only go up to 6 foot because they're from scrap. ;D

Working on a few small boxes with lids at the moment and the scrap pile going down. ;)

Mooseherder

I had started on this mailbox post a long time ago and had put it aside.  Our mailbox post was rusted at the bottom so it was time to get it done.  We got the bigger box that locks so we can be gone for a while and not have to hold our mail or have someone come get it.
The post is 6 x 6 Pine I had got from WDH when I went up to get the Pecan for the Farm table project.  It may only last a few years but it was fun making the layouts and joints for a first attempt.  It is bolted into a threaded rod I put in concrete underneath and then I packed sugar sand around the base.

WmFritz

All your projects came out nice, but night and day difference on the mailbox.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Those are all worthwhile projects.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!