iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MENSA Test

Started by Quartlow, January 22, 2006, 11:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Ok so I'm a glutton for punishment

I have 16 out of 33 right so far, should have 17.
Right so far

The one I think is right but it won't give me is

http://www.mensa-test.com/

I figured out #24 they aren't kidding on the spelling
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

jon12345

So far I have

Some of them are hard, others I'm like DUH when I figure them out :D

I am a G    :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Jeff

I only got 3 of them. :D  I had to leave it to work on the new website I am building for clare county parks and rec.

www.clarecountyrecreation.com

New trial concept for this one.  Refresh the page several times while looking at the left side.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedarman

Got 27, the last one is a neat one.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Tom

I finished with it in about 5 minutes and am on my way to something else. :)

WH_Conley

Bill

Jeff

I got 23 of them.

Missing:
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Lorax

I was able to come up with 24.  You can find the answers in the FAQ section (link at the bottom of the page).

SwampDonkey

Want the answers? :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I got 24 in no time, then started cheet'n with google :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Quartlow

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 22, 2006, 04:45:59 PM
I got 24 in no time, then started cheet'n with google :D

You know SD a "REAL" Genius would have noticed the answers are right there on the same sight

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

RichlandSawyer

I managed 29 of them critters, still missing 14,28,29 and 31

Thanks Quartlow i really enjoyed the brain exercise!!
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Quartlow on January 22, 2006, 07:26:31 PM
You know SD a "REAL" Genius would have noticed the answers are right there on the same sight

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Where do ya think the answers came from? It was just quicker than fishin and hunting on the puzzle site, top hit on the search results. Too lazy to read the main page. :D

Engineer

Only got 22 before I gave up.    A couple I would have never gotten (like the one about cricket!)  Crikey!

Dan_Shade

I got 17

some of those, i'd have never got.. other are like "d'oh!"

i don't know how good they are at picking out how smart people are.  I think a better test of aptitude would be how long you'd look at it before giving up.....
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

isawlogs

I gave up at number two ... yep two . And doing like Tom , moving to something else .  ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

yumpin' yiminy!  Yer a smart feller.  ;D :P

Dan_Shade

i've often thought that maybe tests like this would be good to do when hiring people for certain jobs.

I know where I work, i've certainly seen some dead weight that a test like this could have kept them from being hired.

going to college don't mean you're smart!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

These tests don't mean much. Even IQ test are useless, just depends on how well read and cultured you are, says zippo about intelligence. Ok, were not all cattle taking these test. :D :D

Now back to something more usefull. ;D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff B on January 22, 2006, 01:05:33 PM
I had to leave it to work on the new website I am building for clare county parks and rec.

www.clarecountyrecreation.com

New trial concept for this one.  Refresh the page several times while looking at the left side.

That's a cool site Jeff, looking good.  8) That out weighs any intelligence tests I've ever seen. I wonder how many people refreshed the page to see what's going on? ;) :D

pigman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 22, 2006, 09:02:03 PM
These tests don't mean much. Even IQ test are useless, just depends on how well read and cultured you are, says zippo about intelligence. Ok, were not all cattle taking these test. :D :D

Now back to something more usefull. ;D
IQ tests are supposed to test reasoning ability, where other tests are geared more toward amount of knowledge of subjects.  I usually score in the negative on both type of tests. ::)   I even missed the 0 question on the above test. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Skytramp

I don't know what mensa says but according to my figures, if you count leap year there are   23.217874 hours in a day.
SkyTramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

jon12345

For those of you that enjoyed the first edition, there is a part 2!

test part 2http://intelligence-test.net/part2/
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Thank You Sponsors!