iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodstove too hot ?? SOLVED !

Started by sprucebunny, December 10, 2007, 09:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

This might be a really stupid question.

The only heat I had for 20 years was a Kozy Komfort woodstove. It would burn any kind of wood and put out enough heat for my 1400 sf house. It was even heat and no surprises.

Recently, I built a 'warming hut' and planned to put a really small woodstove I have in it but plans change and I've got a 230? square foot camper attached to the hut. At the same time, someone gave back a larger woodstove and we installed it in the cabin.

Most of the time this stove acts normal but now and then it just takes off, must be burning the gases and it gets WAY too hot !!!!!

Is there a way to control this ? I don't want it getting that hot at unpredictable moments.

Thanks
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sprucebunny

Neeverr-mmiind  ;D

What I was asking is how to run a stove at a more even temperature. Someone told me there is a bimetallic thing that will open and close the draft. ( They are the screw type) I couldn't find out anything about that except at those "patent" sites.

So I got energetic and got my smaller woodstove out of a shack that only had a footpath to it. It was only about 100 feet into the woods but steep and stumpy ..... can't remember how the stove got down there  :D

Only rolled it a couple of times.  :D :D

This stove is much better size-wise, though it will probably take alot longer to heat the place up.

Thanks for your interest  :)

mike_van

From the looks of the weather there, you better fire that baby up!  :D   At least to melt the snow off of it -  :)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

SwampDonkey

Sounded like the draft mechanism was busted. I like the good old fashioned hand adjusted draft. ;D My shop stove will hold a fire for about 6-7 hours. Once I have a good fire started I close the damper in front, which is just a metal plate that slides toward and away from the door. Then I close the draft which is on the pipe. She really throws the heat, but no roaring fire that way. You can hear the flames yes, but not fierce like a draft that is wide open.  ;)

SB, there no toboggans or sleds down that way to tow stuff in snow? ;)  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

She is using a runner sled SD, but yes a toboggan would be better. :)

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

Toboggan  :o  :D

Even with the stove 5-6" off the ground, it hooked on a couple of stumps  :D I have a utility wagon but figured that would definately flip over on the sidehill and the Flexible Flyer would work better  ;D

I just noticed in the pics that I lost my handle .... it's so you can ride standing up and steer with the shovel handle. Can also push w/ one foot  ;D

Coon

Bunny must be part of global warming.  Looks like she's trying to heat it up outside and melt all of that white stuff.  Whatever she's doin' we can all see she's on a mission. :D :D :D  Way to go bunny you warmed it up way over here by about 10 degrees . :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

barbender

SpruceBunny you seem to me to be a very determined lady ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!