iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

$2500 bandsaw mill which one?

Started by Roland, February 03, 2019, 12:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland

I have a cabin project the tress aren't too big so one of the smaller bandsaw mills would work fine. Just need help on deciding on which one. I live in TX and would like to pick it up myself but will have it delivered if the manufacturer is more then 500 miles away.
Im not real fond of Kohler engines, Briggs and Stratton I'm good with. Most of the logs will be 16" and less. It would need to have bed extensions and decent customer support 
Adopt the pace of nature her secret is patience.
RWE

charles mann

@Roland where in tx are you? you might be able to find some folks to leap frog it to you to save on shipping from the factory/retailer. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Roland

Hey Charles, I think we spoke once before  I was going to build a saw mill for this project. I remember you offered some help with it. I live in Cedar Park
RWE

Roland

RWE

Roland

Hey Charles, I bet you know of some places we could snach up enough of this nasty cedar we have around here to do all the live edge siding on my cabin.
RWE

charles mann

Quote from: Roland on February 03, 2019, 05:20:28 PM
Hey Charles, I bet you know of some places we could snach up enough of this nasty cedar we have around here to do all the live edge siding on my cabin.
not really. very little of it is of usable, or at least, when i was looking, not usable for milling, but i was using a CSM. its mostly scrub cedar, good for fence posts. now that im building a mill, its still not usable with my mill. 
I do remember talking with you, just couldnt remember your location.

ft hood usually rmvs a LOT on the ranges, but not sure who to go through to acquire it. i can ask around the area. you might look for any new construction going on in your area. with the way that area is building up rapidly, the country side is disappearing. majority of the time, they will let have it. 
i found a BUNCH in temple, behind the lowes store, but it was that scrub cedar. biggest was about 8", rapidly tapering down, the higher the "tree" went.
Temple, Tx

Roland

8" would be sweet with one live edge 8-10' long pieces 
RWE

charles mann

Quote from: Roland on February 03, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
8" would be sweet with one live edge 8-10' long pieces
if those smaller trees will work. look around your area for any new construction, especially widening of the roads or a big building complex is going in. the cedar i found by the lower was burned about 4 months ago. 
Temple, Tx

Thank You Sponsors!