iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Close to 2500 members....

Started by Paschale, April 26, 2005, 01:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

I was just checking out the stats, and I saw we have 2493 members.  We should have a little countdown.  Maybe even have some guesses on when the 2500th member joins in.  Regardless, it'll be something to celebrate. 8)

So...who's in on this little friendly wager?  What's your best guess as to when the 2500th member will join the FF? 

I say this Friday.

We should all bombard the 2500th member with a bunch of congratulatory IM's.   :D :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

asy

Ooooh! THat sounds like fun!!!

I'll guess... um...

Saturday.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Paschale

We might even need to be a bit more specific, as I think about it.  I think we get a couple of new members a day, At the rate we're going, it'll most likely happen by this weekend sometime, so we should pick the day and a time too, just to make it more interesting.  The closest time during that day wins.  Whadya think?

So all times in "Forestry Forum" time.  I say Friday at 7:37 p.m.   :D

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

asy

ok sounds reasonable, since otherwise really only 4 people can play (fri, sat, sun, mon)...

So, I'll go Saturday, 7.47am.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Coon

I'm in too. :) ;) ;D Let me think  ???  Friday at 9:34 pm.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sprucebunny

What's the prize ??? :D

Love these games but I'm never right....

Friday 10 am  and I'll bet that the new member is talkative ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Teri

O.K. I'm in.   :)

I say.... Friday  12:01 a.m..  ;)

Kirk_Allen

Sunday - 4:30 pm

But my gut tells me Thursday at 9:30 pm :D

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

populus

submarinesailor

pigman

Since Pashale didn't pick a time to end the contest, I think I will wait a while to enter. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Actually there are a lot of things that can effect your contest. FOr example, if I pick a time in the near future to weed out some registers that were never used. Or some that only made one post 4 years ago, and only registered to ask a question and never returned.  Actually, we have had almost 4000 registers over the years, and we quitely weed out a few here and there. Some pretty good usernames have been taken in the past and never used that we have made available again.

THe other thing, when you see a new register, that membership may not have been approved yet.  We have members, quite often in fact, that get logged out of the forum cant figure out how to get back in or how to ask for help, and then simply re-register. When this happens we notice usually before approval,and we get that member logged back in on the old membership and delete the new one.  On rare occasions a new membership may appear, and through some of our checks we find a real problem, and that membership is disallowed, so it shows for a short period, and then is gone.

What I can do, is promise not to clean out ranks until afterward (I just did it not to long agao, and most memberships now will be retained) and then you let me tell yoozeguys (YOOPER NIGHT!) (kidding ;))  when the official time is.

I think I have a "timely" prize I can give.  However, how ya'll going to know if someone edits thier guess?  ;):o
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

etat

Sunday evening.  One twenty-seven PM. Locked in :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

Since when is one twenty seven in the evening? :D

etat

:D :D :D  Well, I ain't changing it.   :D :D :D   8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

DouginUtah

Reminds me of the time I was at Lackland AFB for basic training. My first exposure to "southern talk".

The TI said we were going for a march "this evening". We went at 4 pm. I later found out that evening in southern talk can mean afternoon. I don't know if it is a regional thing or all over. Do you southerners all say evening for afternoon?

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Jeff

I get confused with the terms lunch supper and dinner. I think lunch is always at noon, but dinner seems to be used for noon and evening meals. I know they all come after breakfast, so to avoid to much confusion, I just eat all 4. ;D

Tom

Yep!  Most uv us.  ;D     Afternoon is after noon.   Evening usually runs from 3 or 4 til bed time.  Night usually happens after bed time.  That means that it is still evening for the grown-ups when the kids have to say "good night".  :D

Jeff, we always ate Breakfast, Dinner and Supper.  Lunch was a tourister term that I didn't understand.   I asked Mom one time and she said that Dinner is the "big"  meal of the day.  If you have lunch at noon, you are having a stewed tomato sandwich.  If you are eating fried chicken, vegetables, lots of iced tea and biscuits.........  and you're going to sit down for a spell afterwards, you're having Dinner.  :D

pigman

Dough, I don't know anything about southern talk since I am in a border state, but when I was in training in the Army, evening was always between 6pm and midnight. Ok, some of you will correct me and say between 18:00 and 24:00.  I learned it because I said it wrong several times when greeting officers  and had to do more than a few pushups. :( Even dumb hillbillies can learn if given enough encouragement. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

etat

Through the week when I answer the phone after dinner (lunch) it's 'Good Afternoon'.

Sundays after dinner (lunch) is definately Sunday Evening.

Supper always comes later. :)

Note: Sometimes, especially in the Southern parts of the United States, the afternoon is called evening. --Bartlett. [1913 Webster].

Kirk_Allen

Breakfast - Break-Fast - It is your first meal after fasting, such as sleeping for 8 hours.  Can be in the morning or the evening. 

When I worked Grave yard shift in the service I would go home at 7 am and go straight to bed. Got up around 3 and had Breakfast ;D

Teri

Hey Jeff... Any of them meals include GRITS???  ;D

Dan_Shade

heh, my family always said evening was anytime after noon, we ate breakfast, dinner, and supper, at least my dad's side of the family.

my mom was from the other end of the county, the yankee side (I grew up in Berkeley Co., WV, very close to the Mason-Dixon), it's funny how things are still different from one side of the county to the other. they didn't say "evening" until after like 4 or so.

I like Jeff's idea of eating all 4 meals :)

oh, and saturday 0317 for my guess
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Ed_K

For a long time when I met someone, I'd say morning. At any time of day or night  ;D. I liked to watch their expression  :o. Morning is the best time of day  8).
Wed 2305 hrs.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!