iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw logs in ontario

Started by Woodslabs, November 10, 2015, 10:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodslabs

Hi All,

I have been getting most of my saw-logs from tree removal companies but would like to see if i can get a large shipment from a logging company but don't know where to start.  I'm looking for a variety of hardwood from 20-36 inches in diameter.  Anyone know any forestry companies that sell and deliver saw logs in Ontario?
check out www.woodslabs.ca

ehp

you need to figure out what you want for logs and how much , depends on where you want the logs sent to as far as cost as trucking is not cheap here

Woodslabs

I would take a full 7000 bf to Caledon.  I spoke to one guy who quoted me 4-5k.  I just want to find a variety of loggers so i can figure out what each charges and what they have.

ehp

price depends on what type of trees ,and stuff of clay or off sand , if you want good stuff for 7000 ft , the mills pay that and more  here sitting on the landing but like I said it depends on what type of trees you want

Woodslabs

A variety of Hardwood saw logs. 20 inches + in diameter, 8-10 feet long.  As for clay or soil, i do not know the difference.  I am not interested in high grade veneer logs.  More for knotty stuff for live edge furniture.

Woodslabs

What should i be paying for walnut, hard maple, soft maple in southern ontario per 1000 bf?  Saw log grade?  Anyone?

ehp

low end walnut I get $1400 on landing , this is the junk stuff , hard maple at 20 inch you would be at least $875 on landing if not more , soft maple , if wormy $600 , if white $750 on landing , Big difference between timber off sand or clay, sand the timber is a lot whiter in colour , where you are the timber would be off clay so a more cream colour instead of white

Thank You Sponsors!