iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thou shall not covenant

Started by Larry, February 25, 2006, 09:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

thy neighbors tree.

Bid a timber sale yesterday and just happened to see this one right across the fence.  Couple of burls on the back side just as big or bigger.  Can't help to wonder what is under the bark?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Shawn

Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

Jeff

here is one that I was coveting on federal land in da U.P.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

getoverit

Holy Mackrel, Catfish!!!!

Thats a big tree and even a bigger burl !!

I have been known to lust after my friends and neighbors trees as well...how does the saying go about being sure your "sins" will find you out?? :D :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

jpgreen

Well one things for sure... everyones wife's safe with this group...  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Coon

Can't love those trees enough, cuz lust'll get in the way. :D :D
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

isassi

:D When I started doing metal roofs, my wife noticed I was always looking at people's roofs when we went anywhere, now she notices me looking intently for other people's trees.... ;D and just sighs.......

Dana

I would contact the land owner and ask if he wanted you to trim those ugly growths of the tree. You could even offer to do it for free an clean up the mess. :D
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

oakiemac

I was lusting after my neighbor ladies walnut trees last month. Yeah I hate to admit it but I was. I had dreams about her huge walnuts (trees). They are a good 36" dbh and straight as an arrow for 20-30 feet. Sigh. Oh well she said next year maybe I could have them. :)
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

bcraw98

I was wondering what I would find in this tree? The trunk is like this from bottom to top, even after it starts branching. I haven't yet cut any burl wood.

Wife and best Friend, 3 girls and a boy, son-in-law, lots of land, horses, cows, and trees. Life is Good

SPIKER

oh boy:  I just spent the last 2 hrs attempting to get the pics I took out at the farm edited to fit and setup with captions so I can burn onto CD.  what a messy thing when ya don't know what ya are doing  lol.  ::) >:(

well anyhow perhaps I 'll get a chance to figure out HOW to post em to here in photo album forms.

mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

jpgreen

That's a spooky trunk bcraw98.  I see lots of faces and people in there..  :o

Course' my brain works kinda different from others..  :D

Coon

bcraw98 WOW that tree has got to be worth some bucks.  I know I would love to have it.  Would also love to see the grains of that wood.  What species of a tree is that?
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

bcraw98

Linda (Wife) and I think it's the spookiest tree we've seen. The pictures don't do it justice. I may never cut it since I haven't seen another like it. It's a post oak.
Wife and best Friend, 3 girls and a boy, son-in-law, lots of land, horses, cows, and trees. Life is Good

Dana

BCRAW98, Do I see some fence wire in her? If not looks like a good one to saw, I bet there is a lot of curl to the woods figure. What kind of tree is it?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Jeff

We have some around here that look similar because of the many many layers of fence that grew into them over the years. Eventually the trees out last the fence but they carry those characteristic ripples from growing over the wire. Thse ripples are one of the ways we spot metal in logs before we get to it with the saw.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bcraw98

I'm 99.99999% sure that there is no metal in this tree. The ripples and lumps go up as high as you can see and the tree is not located near a fence row. It's just one strange tree   smiley_spider drop

jpgreen

I think I would leave that tree alone..  :o .......... :D

BigTrev

go on....saw it up..... you know you want to.. smiley_devilish
If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

crtreedude

Guys, remember the Orcs and Treebeard? I might go slow with a couple of these trees...  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Thank You Sponsors!