iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 056 av flywheel

Started by hyper2, August 20, 2008, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyper2

Hi,

I am looking for #11154001208 flywheel for my 056 saw.  The shop that is servicing the saw is having trouble locating one.  The new coil that they are using requires the use of this flywheel.  I would appreciate any help on this matter.

I just joined the forum and I am amazed at the amount of info that is available!

Thanks,  John

Tom

Welcome to the forum, John.    You ain't seen nothing yet.   Wait until we start making stuff up.  :D :D

TexasTimbers

Welcome Hyper. Some of those Stihl guys will know where to point you I bet.

But we never make stuff up. Tom is just makin that up.   ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Old_Hickory

hello and welcome John it is a great place
gotta love those XP saws

joe_indi

Hi John,

The flywheel #1115 400 1208 is for use with the newer Ignition module #1108 400 0800.
The most recent Stihl  spare parts list for the 056 shows that this flywheel is still available.So I cannot understand the difficulty, except the delay involved in getting you one.
However, looking at the issue from a different angle, the ignition module (#1108 400 0800) also comes on the BT360 Auger
The flywheel on the BT360 has a different part number (#1108 400 1205) but the chances are that a very slight modification might make it suitable for use on the 056.
Probably a junked BT360 with an intact flywheel could help you out.

Joe

hyper2

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome and the input on the flywheel.  I was lucky to find a dealer in upstate N.Y. that had just the flywheel that I needed.

Just in case anyone else needs some hard to get Stihl parts, you might want to give Brian from Woodcutters Headquarters a shout.  He had more than one of the flywheels, and he said that he has a stock of numerous hard to find parts.  He can be reached @ 716-542-9839 or emailed @woodcutters@myway.com.

Thanks again...John

Thank You Sponsors!