iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy sight tonite!!!

Started by Woodhauler, December 26, 2015, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I pulled the beaver dam/ plug out of my 4 ft culvert tonight and when the water took off it knocked there dam out of the brook too! If not I would have been flooded this spring! Should freeze tonite so they can't build it back!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

WV Sawmiller

Quick!!! Somebody call the ASPCA. Call DNR. Call Brigett Bardot. The man is harassing innocent rodents and during the holiday season too! How cruel can you get? Actually I didn't know there was any freezing weather around. Sure not here.

Mom did a running battle with beavers for years in N. Fla. They dammed up the runoff from the highway and made a pretty sizable pond. Every time she would clean the honeysuckle and such away from a prize Bay or Maple tree she was real proud of she'd come back the next day and find a pencil shaped stump. I guess they figured she was marking them for her and making access easier. Finally the state paid some guy a $75 bounty on each beaver he caught and he must have gotten them all or harassed them enough they left the area.

Good luck on keeping them gone. They are amazing engineers and really dedicated workers.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Sadly the bounty was removed here, so beavers now have the freedom to chew whenever and wherever they choose.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!