iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

deere 333 G

Started by OH logger, December 08, 2018, 03:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

does anyone have any opinions on these compact track loaders?  I found one with 60 hours on it for what I think is a song. I have only ever owned/looked/or really even paid attention to bobcats. I ve always had great luck with bobcats but this is about WAY cheaper than a new bobcat of the same size which I was considering anywyas. never owned a deere skid or track steer so I was wanting to get opinions. its a G model which I think have only been out a year or so. we are in ag (Deere) country which helps. thanks
john

nativewolf

then it is a scam.  Craigslist?  Too good a price is too good a price.  Have you seen it?  Get a serial number run it by police.  Check out listed price, at 60 hours it should be not be depreciated too much anyway.
Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

I've found alot of low hr machines tucked in the corner of the garage for decent money, they do exist, just make sure the story adds up, it should still have a dealer sticker on it, give them a call to confirm. I cant talk about the new G series but I know Deere had ALOT of issues with machines in the last 5yrs, electrical mostly, we looked at one before we bought a NH track machine. 
 Track machines are nice if your in the mud or slop all the time, rock and hard ground eat the tracks up. I believe the deere has the same style my NH does, the narrow roller style, your will get good at putting tracks back on. Replacement tracks are 1700-2000 bucks depending on brand for a C-lug style, I'm on my 3rd set in 1800hrs. 

OH logger

actually its at the deere dealer. my neighbor won some kind of free demo contest for it cause he was gonna use it to help on some habtat for humanity projects. well no builds happened so he used it a little on his farm and sent it back. no funny business with it im sure. our family knows the dealership and the salesman on a  personal level so alls good there. I researched new prices and I was shocked to see that pretty much apples to apples deere is a fair amount cheaper than bobcat. my bobcat dealer is a little pricey on sales but their service is second to none. they have helped me out a bunch and been great to me so I would buy a new bobcat from them if I bought one. but this deere is priced so reasonable(especially compared to a NEW bobcat)that  im thinkin I could get used to it.  one thing that bugs me is this deere has WAY more electronics on it than a new bobcat. but the way this machine is priced a guy could afford a service call or 2 and if it got bad I could get out from under it and get back into a bobcat if I had to. any one have any first hand experience with the new G series?
john

OH logger

the track rollers seem to b wide...or at least way wider than my bobcat rollers. on my bobcat T770 ive never thrown  track off yet (fingers crossed). mine has 18oo hours on it. I bought the machine with 600 hours on it and as far as I know they are the original tracks and undercarriage. but its getting tired. that's part of my decision to look for somethin else. kinda. no rock here but I use it all year round wet or dry to buck sort and load logs. handiest most worthwhile tool I own
john

GRANITEstateMP

Will they let you "demo" it for a few weeks?  Or maybe rent it for a month, if you like it they roll the rental fee into the sale price?  Might be worthwhile
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

OH logger

they brought it out to my place yesterday so this morning while it was froze I cleaned up a job with it.  loaded 4 loads of logs with it and it worked real good.  im just curious if they are having issues with em mechanically or electrically so I know if I should shy away from it. just not familiar wuth deere track loaders at all. the controls are more touchy than the bobcat I have now but mine are mechanical and this deere is electric joysticks. I would get used to that part of it pretty quick anyways
john

farmfromkansas

,Forget if it was the d models or e models, a neighbor had one, it would be running fine, he would be using it, then shut it off and then later go to start it up, and it would refuse to start.  He traded it in on a new one.  Haven't heard any problems yet.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

WV_hillbilly

we used a G model at our  worksite for about 2 months and had no issues  . it is a very powerful machine for its size in my eyes . it was pushing dirt with an overflowing bucket and still going without breaking traction  
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!