iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by buzz, January 18, 2004, 06:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Hello all , new to the forum , have been lurking or shall I say learning for a few weeks now , love the forum, lots to learn  and have a good laugh while  reading,  now for  the question, am going build a portable band , was wondering if any one had some plans to share/sell or any advice would be apprecaited ,  will build with 2x6 x 3/16 rec tubing, was cosidering 3x5 x 3/16 as well.  thanks in advance Buzz

Tom

Welcome to the Forum, Buzz.

Plans?  These guys use the pictures out of the magazines. :D  

Bibbyman

Yea,  and from the movies.....  MAD MAX .. Beyond Thunderdome!  ;D

Welcome to the Forum...
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

Hi Buzz. Welcome!
There are plans available. A fellow named Bill Reek in Kentucky is the guru of the homebuilt sawmill. He sells an info packet for about 50 bucks, which should tell you all you need to know. Linn Lumber also sells plans and kits, or the whole mill if you want it that way. I'll poke around and see if I can come up with some addresses. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, buzz.  It is always nice when a lurker comes to the Fourm and shares.   8) 8)
Frank Pender

Duane_Moore

:)welcome Buzz, we need more humor.  Duh---Duane. we wanta see picts, when you get built....
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

shopteacher

Hey welcome aboard the USS Forum. This ship sails to all parts of the imagination.  As far as plans, you'll probably get all you need from someone here. Sometime they're a little hard to decipher though, usually drawn with Crayola.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

Bibby, THAT was a good one

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

MrMoo

Newbie,
I would go with the 6" tubing. The taller the sides are the less flex there will be in the frame. With that said however you will still get flex using 3/16" wall tubing. If you use 2" x" 6" x 1/4" tubing you will nearly eliminated all flex in the frame. Needless to say I think flex is bad.
Mike

EZ

Welcome to the forum.
I built my frame out of 4x8 tubing 3/16, drove the front of my truck on it and it did'nt move.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!