iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diesel engine on wm

Started by richard boyd, April 21, 2018, 03:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard boyd

Question I need info on what diesel engine you are running on your wm super hydraulic mill. Make and model number would be good. I have a Lombardini engine that is beyond repair and can't afford to spend 9 thousand on a new engine. Was hoping to find a Kubota engine to replace the Lombardini. I know I'll have to do a little fabricating to just bolt it up. Thanks in advance.  PS. Has manual clutch.

terrifictimbersllc

My 2001 has a 4 cylinder 42HP Kubota.  I'll get the model number off of it.  This engine I've been told was one of the best for this mill. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

JB Griffin

My standard hyd has a 1505 kubota on it. Wm calls it 33hp
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Percy

I have the Kubota 1505t which is the same as JB's cept for the turbo giving 42 hp. It has lots of torque, stingy on fuel and mine has 11000 hours on it. No crank support kit needed. Only grief was a front crank seal that I changed myself in about 3 hours. Had to remove radiator or it woul have been easier. It just runs and runs. For the life of me, I can't understand why wm quit using them. Musta been some corporate issues yadda. 
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Dave Shepard

Mine is a 2008 Perkapiller 51 hp. It's a common engine in small equipment like the ASV tracked skid looaders. I'd look for a Kubota.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

barbender

If my Lombardini ever lays down I'll be Kubota hunting. I wondering the other day if you could get WM to sell you a mill without an engine, like the "glider kits" we get for trucks. I really wouldn't want one of the tier 4 small diesels. I'm sure that the bugs will get worked out of them eventually, but I'd prefer it wasn't on my dime.
Too many irons in the fire

starmac

I don't know what horsepower they are rated at, but those perkapillar engines were used in some of the light towers and can be picked up pretty reasonable every now and then.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

richard boyd

Thanks for the response. I need all info I can get to get this thing going. Again Thanks.

Magicman

I hope that you do not have to settle for less hp or a gasser.  :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thechknhwk

The kubota on my mill is a 33hp model number v1505.

scully

I think you can get the right hardwhare to mount a Kabota from WM , Bar none Kabota is the best diesel they ever starped on a mill ! My turbo is smooth as silk !
I bleed orange  .

PAmizerman

The Kubota on my 2001 lt40 super is a 
42hp model 1505D

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

gmmills

Try to find a Kubota.  I have put over 4200 hrs on my first lt 40 super remote with a 42 HP 1505 t Kubota on it. Great engine. Only needed fluid and filter changes over that period of time. The engine mounting plates may still be available from  WM. If recall correctly, the 1505 engine was only offered as a power unit not a tractor engine.

Only consider a Perkpillar engine if it is extremely reasonably priced. I personally put over 7600 hrs on one. Had the head off of it twice, head gasket, and both front and rear oil seals replaced.  That engine family was the poorest overall quality of any industrial diesel engine I have ever owned.  I will never own another one.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on April 21, 2018, 05:02:11 PM
My 2001 has a 4 cylinder 42HP Kubota.  I'll get the model number off of it.  This engine I've been told was one of the best for this mill.
It says V1505D on the engine, 1.498 L
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

richard boyd

Thanks for the reply's. I found a Kubota engine V1505 T to replace the Lombardini engine. If wm don't have the hardware I need to mount it we'll come up with something I'm sure. Thanks again.

Thank You Sponsors!