iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

C4B tree farmer

Started by moose62, May 15, 2013, 01:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose62

i picked up a 1964 C4B tree farmer to selectively log some saw logs on the property and am having carb trouble the tag is gone off the carb so im wondering if anyone knows the model no. for the scheblers carb they used on the ford gas engines so i can order a rebuild kit . Thanks in advance any help would be appreciated

mad murdock

Welcome to the Forestry Forum moose62.  I wish I could be of more help, I have the same ford engine in my Garrett, except it is a diesel.  If the info doesn't come along timely, I will refer to my Ford service manual and dig up the info.  The manual has the info for the gas and diesel versions.  Nice skidders!  Got any pics of it?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

moose62

thank u for the reply i can get it to run by pinching off the gas supply so it does'nt flood . it has been converted from the orignal mechanical fuel pump to electric and i think the pump puts out way more p.s.i. than needed as it makes the the gas line stand at attention and is rock hard going to try a 3lb to 5lb pump and see if that elimnates flooding

John Woodworth

You have a TSX580 or 593 or 707
Carburetor Kit, Basic - Basic carburetor repair kit. For models from 1955 to 1957, with 172 CID gas engine. Carburetor part #: Marvel-Schebler TSX580 (supersedes TSX593), Ford 312954. Kit contains: throttle shaft, Viton float valve, float lever pin, and gaskets for minor carbure For 2000, 501, 601, 701, 800, 900 (Part No: BK47AV) $24.65
this is from www.yesterdaystractors.com they have the best price, SteinerTractor.comhas kits also 61.95, the last one I got from NAPA was over 50 dollarls. Be sure to measure the span across the mt. studs and tell them just to verify the right kit, these are for Ford tractor but uses the same carb.

In your overhaul make sure the venturie fits tight and is not distorted.

I run a electric pump on my 10 with a pressure regulator set to 3pds.

I recently after I can't count the number of rebuilds replaced the Marvel with a new Zenith from Yesterdays and I can't believe the diffrence, I have a brush rake on it and just pushing off idle is about the same as 1/3 or better with the Marvel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

moose62

thanks so much for the info . ordered the kit and it's on it's way .

Thank You Sponsors!