iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS 360 Pro (MS360) -Seeking Documentation

Started by sawracoon, May 17, 2016, 11:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawracoon

Good morning all,
I'm new to the forum and I just acquired an MS360 based, in part, on the decent reviews I found on here.

I'm hoping I can find an IPL or a Workshop Manual for this or a similar saw.

New to the site and haven't found any other conversations that had references to either of these, but if you remember anything and can even link me to the previous threads, I'd appreciate that also.

Since this is getting to be an older saw and OEM parts (carbs, piston/cylinders etc.) are harder to come by, I'm also looking for thoughts on what is advised and what I should stay away from.
Thanks!

sawguy21

Welcome to the FF, grab a coffee and pull up a stump. ;D Stihl is rather closed mouth when it comes to IPL's and service information, that is the exclusive domain of the dealers. They also will not allow dealers to sell online.
There are ways around it if you do some digging. A number of our members are very familiar with your saw and will be willing to help. Aftermarket parts can be a shot in the dark, quality varies considerably,  so ask here before plunking down the credit card.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sawracoon

Thank you much!
Any aftermarket manufacturers that I should just stay away from?
Reliably un-reliable, if you will.

ZeroJunk

You can find the IPL for those on line, the later ones are harder. As many of those as were sold I don't think I would worry about OEM parts disappearing any time soon, As far as cylinder kits I would just as soon have a Meteor anyway myself. A far as carbs go you can buy aftermarket for next to nothing. It's a 10 minute job to switch so not much of a gamble if it does not run to suit you.

joe_indi

Sawracoon,
MS360 and 036 are identical so these should be fine.
This link is to a user's manual: http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/instructionmanuals/036_Manual.pdf

And this link gets you a workshop manual http://www.reinsmith.net/content/outdoor_equipment/Stihl%20-%20Chain%20Saw%20Service%20Manual%20-%20Models%20034%20and%20036.pdf
Rope rotor, pawl, pawl spring, all same as for the 290/460
Clutch assembly, a 460 clutch fits.
In a pinch the clutch drum of a 290 fits.
I think MS361 and 362 parts too can be used, except for piston, cylinder and crankshaft.
Stihl has a 10 year parts guarantee which says they manufacture the spares for a good 10 years after a model is discontinued. But stock inventory should be there for another 10 years.
Joe

Thank You Sponsors!