iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NIB Canadian 365 special, Story, Questions

Started by ChrisChapman04, January 24, 2020, 10:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisChapman04

Ive been cruising eBay for a while looking for some of the older, sought after, bullet proof saws of the past. On occasion I would come across a nos saw of some kind. My current saw (562xp) is an absolute runner, but it suffers the hot start issue. Im done messing with it, Ive had it for 7 years. Back on topic, Im not exactly sure what I was searching at the time, but it popped up in a suggestion box in the item I was looking at. There it was, what I was looking for, but didn't know it. New in box 365 special, from prince edward Island. $463 USD to my door in the states. Good deal? I think so, I was ecstatic. Its a few weeks out tho, customs and all I assume. So i guess I only have 2 question. I would assume the saw carries no warranty, so why not have a muffler setting on the bench to throw on it when it gets here. My question is, I know the special is a closed port, the newer 365xt is open, are the mufflers the same? Most of the dual ports I've come across list the 365xt, but no mention of the special. And since it was sold in canada, Im assuming its not going to be an EPA saw correct?

ehp

365XT is not open port , 365 XT and the new 372XT are the same cylinder and piston , 365 has a different door on cylinder that has a divider on it .

sawguy21

It will be EPA compliant if in fact a Husqvarna, it may be a clone.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Pine Ridge

I would think any of the 365 or 372 mufflers would bolt on the same. 365 specials are popular and sought after by alot of guys that run them according to what i read here and other sites, i've never owned one as they are very scarce here where i live. If it is as advertised new in box you made a good purchase .
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

ChrisChapman04

Does it fake to y'all? I'm trying to get the guy to send me the serial and something that says made in Sweden on the saw. Still waiting.....

ChrisChapman04

If it helps, the guy said it was built in 2018-19. I bought it out of Canada. Did they make and sell them that new in Canada?

ChrisChapman04

I got lucky. The guy refunded my money. No more impulse purchases for me. 

Pine Ridge

I can't say for sure what it is. I did some research and the info i came up with is that they were manufactured from 1999 to 2007, i assume that is correct but i cannot be sure. 

ehp

yes they sold the 365 special in Canada but its been quite a while sense Husky made a 365 special, I know a place in northern Ontario was charged for selling copy cat husky saws

ehp

BUT maybe Husky still builds the older style saws in some part of the world , it could be real

dnash

I'm calling fake. The font on the decals looks wrong and stuck out to me right away.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

Pine Ridge

The felling sights on my husqvarnas are black is one thing that i notice is different.

Al_Smith

Speaking strictly for myself I would not buy anything advertised as new in box that hasn't been made in 10-15 years .If I buy any saw which I consider to be rare or has the potential of being hot rodded or restored I bid accordingly because you are buying a pig in a poke .You might have more work and money involved than the thing is worth before you are done with it .On that a clone is a clone and always will be clone .

I recall one flea bay seller who would pedal McCulloch PM 610's and 650's with a half a page of hype about them .All dolled up,some painted slightly different than the factory original and sell them for $450 for a saw that sold for originally  $225 at the highest and at K-mart for $169.95 .By golly this guy some how sold them .It's a $75 dollar saw these days .

barbender

I don't think I've ever seen black retainer clips for the airbox cover on a Husky.
Too many irons in the fire

Pine Ridge

Handlebar also doesn't have the recessed seam down the middle where the 3 mounting screws go through the handlebar like on the oem 372xp. I put a new forester handlebar on one of mine a few years ago that looks like the one in the picture is made. Husqvarna 365 special decals and Husqvarna clutch cover decals can be found and bought very cheap and easily,  and put on a clone.

ehp

the special in the decal is also wrong and wrong color to any 365 specials I have seen and I have seen more than a few,

ehp

if you had the saw just open and look at the carb, most fake saws donot have the proper carb on them

hamish

They are clones no question.  
Mufflers, screws, handle,decomp, decals,,,,,,,,,,,,,the list goes on.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Thank You Sponsors!