iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Slick

I read the whole thread to see what was there so I didn't repeat.

My dad is not a patient man when he is working. So he had a few good ones. "C'om on Grandma was slow but she was old!!"

John

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Small Slick on January 12, 2015, 10:31:37 PM
I read the whole thread to see what was there so I didn't repeat.

My dad is not a patient man when he is working. So he had a few good ones. "C'om on Grandma was slow but she was old!!"

John

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Slower than Molasses in January!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LaneC

It's hotter than a fresh fried fox in a forest fire. :D
Man makes plans and God smiles

Roxie

My grandmother used to say, "Don't have a conniption."  I hadn't heard that expression since she passed away in the late 1980's until last week when an Amish woman was describing how her husband would react to her not getting home on time.  Her exact words, "He'll be throwing a conniption fit."   :D

Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've heard that 2......but forgot about it. FUNNY!  :D
Never knew what a conniption was. ???

thecfarm

I never knew how to spell it either.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I Googled conniption and was quite amused. 

Thanks Roxie.  That word brought back many memories.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

I haven't heard that one in a long time, either. I've been on the verge of a conniption a time or two. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 13, 2015, 03:03:25 PM
I haven't heard that one in a long time, either. I've been on the verge of a conniption a time or two. :D
Verge is a good word and how many folks know that it's origin is from a clock part?   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

....a CONNIPTION on a VERGE...... :D :D :D :D

Warped

So slow he collects dust................
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

barbender

She's so ugly you could tie a stick around her neck and still not get a dog to play with her.
Too many irons in the fire

hackberry jake

I was just trying to think of some of the ones my grandpa "pap" uses. The ones that stick out are "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." and "You're either gunna have to get tougher or smarter son." A friend of mine always used to say "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas"
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: hackberry jake on January 13, 2015, 10:28:21 PM
"if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas"

Good 1 Hack..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

LaneC

Man makes plans and God smiles

hackberry jake

Quote from: LaneC on January 13, 2015, 11:35:13 PM
Finer than a frog hair
finer than frog hair split four ways.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Chuck White

So ugly, she'd cause a freight train to take a dirt road!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on January 14, 2015, 11:33:37 AM
So ugly, she'd cause a freight train to take a dirt road!
:D :D :D :D

FarmingSawyer

Had an uncle who'd tell his slow son, "one of these days I'm gonna trade you for a horse, then shoot the horse..."

Granny used to say "if cow [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] were peaches we'd all be rich"....any time we'd wish we had something different.....

A fella I've heard of was so cheap, he has a drawer built into his kitchen table. Any relatives come over during supper, he's slide his plate and place setting in there, so the visitors wouldn't know he was eating and want to stay and have some..... I guess he was as tight as the bark on a tree in February.....
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

beenthere

There are "old sayings... " and then there are "old cruel sayings" ....  I don't like the cruel ones.

Would take a cruel person to tell someone some of these that have been posted. IMO  just sayin....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WH_Conley

Slicker than deer guts on a door knob.
Bill

hackberry jake

So cheap he could live on a cracker a day and fatten a hog on the slop.

WV Sawmiller

If you ain't the lead dog the view never changes.

Someone was beat with an ugly stick.

If at first you don't succeed, so much for sky-diving.

She'd skin a flea for his tallow.

River sure is low - nope, I've seen it so low all the catfish had ticks and fleas (or We had half-grown bluegills that didn't know how to swim).

Oh-dark thirty.

Tom Selleck in an old western when surrounded by 25 armed opponents and asked by their leader "You think you can kill us all" and Tom replied "He's first, you're next. Do you really care after that?" (Of course that backed them down.)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!