iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

That is so true. (old saying)

Magicman

I added this to a reply in another topic today.  It was a favorite saying of a friend (co-worker) of mine that was struck and killed by a drunk driver that ran through our work location.  I was talking to him one second and the next second....he was gone.  Curtis Wall Boney, I still think of him quite often and that was over 50 years ago.

A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Randy88

Come on in, everything else has gone wrong today.

Grizzly

Ouch!  :D
Reminds me of my moms neighbours who have one of them doormats that says " Oh no, not you again!"
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

Quote from: Grizzly on November 28, 2017, 10:09:03 PM
Ouch!  :D
Reminds me of my moms neighbours who have one of them doormats that says " Oh no, not you again!"
ask them where they got it that's funny  :D :D :D
Quote from: Magicman on November 29, 2017, 11:29:20 AM
Too pooped to pop.
Lynn I haven't heard that in a long time  thanks for the memory that went with it  :) :)

Grizzly

coxy, I've seen them at some of those little craft/bazaar stores but not in any store resembling a chain store. Mom turned it around on them once so they'd read it on their way out. those old folks giggled for a while!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Norm Pearen

This is one from my Grandmother. "Hunger is a great sauce"
I learn more by listening than  I do by talking.

Hilltop366

I heard one similar, "hungry is better than ketchup".

rasman57

Favorite Tombstone......  "TOLD YOU I WAS SICK"

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, that one was on one of the trail at 6 Flags over Ga in Atlanta as I remember.

One I saw as a kid was:

Ma loved Pa.
Pa loved Wimmin
Ma caught Pa with 2 in swimmin
Here lies Pa
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Paranoid schizophreniacs do sometimes have enemies

and

Hypochondriacs do get sick
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Darrel

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 15, 2016, 10:39:28 PM
Quote from: ncsawyer link=topic=70413.msg1363069#msg1363069 date=1455592218

Are grits groceries?

/quote]

Yes......yes they are.  food6
Not sure if its an old saying but agree grits are groceries.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

thecfarm

Where's that dislike button.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

An old one I heard my Grandmother say was: No matter where you go, there you are!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

"Lord willing and the creek don't rise"
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Don't believe everything you think. 

or:

I have told you more than I know already. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 09, 2017, 07:15:50 PM

I have told you more than I know already.

:D :D :D :D :D :D I love it!

WV Sawmiller

From a co-worker in Bagram Afghanistan -

"I know nothing. And I can prove it."
Howard Green

gww

quote from thecfarm
QuoteWhere's that dislike button.
This might be an old saying some day.
Cheers
gww

Chuck White

I'm not saying it's a typical saying, but........

I remember when we were all still at home, I would hear my Mom say every once in a while: "I'm not going to tell you again", but she usually did!

Ah, the memories!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on December 09, 2017, 08:53:04 PM
I'm not saying it's a typical saying, but........

I remember when we were all still at home, I would hear my Mom say every once in a while: "I'm not going to tell you again", but she usually did!

Ah, the memories!

That was better than "I'm gonna tell your daddy!" :o :o :o

terrifictimbersllc

You wait till your father gets home

Thank You Sponsors!