iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frustrating day

Started by Bert, October 14, 2011, 10:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Sometimes I read threads where people have a bad day and it makes me thankful its just not me. I certainly dont take pleasure in other peoples troubles but it helps to know we are all in this together. So for those who are having a bad day heres how mine went yesterday-

The main lift cylinder on my log truck strarted to creep so I took that off and into the shop for a re-pack job early in the morning. Went back to the log yard to use the wheel loader to move some logs around for a log buyer to come take a look at. MOved a few and shut it down to buck a few logs and got back in the started died. Took a few hours and took the starter off and into the shop to have rebuilt. Decided to use the skidder to pull some logs out of the pile and cut to length and chainsaw cutting circles- bar worn out. Put on new bar and pull on the starter rope and rope breaks. Decided heck with it and went to the mill to saw a few logs and battery on power unit was dead. Cut up a little firewood with the trim saw and put battery on charge and left. Starter shop called later and said starter was ready - would be 250 bucks. Picked up the starter and new pull rope for the saw and thought maybe could still make a few dollars. Headed into the woods to get a trip of logs with the skidder and behold- the stream crossing washed out in high water. Back to mill and battery not charging- battery not in good health. Called it a day at that point. Maybe tomorrow will be better? Still need to install the new starter. Couldnt bring myself to attempt yesterday.
Saw you tomorrow!

BCtimber

Gotta love self-employment!!!!

Woodhauler

Quote from: Bert on October 14, 2011, 10:26:47 AM
Sometimes I read threads where people have a bad day and it makes me thankful its just not me. I certainly dont take pleasure in other peoples troubles but it helps to know we are all in this together. So for those who are having a bad day heres how mine went yesterday-

The main lift cylinder on my log truck strarted to creep so I took that off and into the shop for a re-pack job early in the morning. Went back to the log yard to use the wheel loader to move some logs around for a log buyer to come take a look at. MOved a few and shut it down to buck a few logs and got back in the started died. Took a few hours and took the starter off and into the shop to have rebuilt. Decided to use the skidder to pull some logs out of the pile and cut to length and chainsaw cutting circles- bar worn out. Put on new bar and pull on the starter rope and rope breaks. Decided heck with it and went to the mill to saw a few logs and battery on power unit was dead. Cut up a little firewood with the trim saw and put battery on charge and left. Starter shop called later and said starter was ready - would be 250 bucks. Picked up the starter and new pull rope for the saw and thought maybe could still make a few dollars. Headed into the woods to get a trip of logs with the skidder and behold- the stream crossing washed out in high water. Back to mill and battery not charging- battery not in good health. Called it a day at that point. Maybe tomorrow will be better? Still need to install the new starter. Couldnt bring myself to attempt yesterday.
Days like this is why they invented BEER!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

treefarm

Quote from: Woodhauler on October 14, 2011, 11:37:00 AM
Days like this is why they invented BEER!!!
[/quote]

I'm with you woodhauler! We have a pool table in the basement and play every night. On days like the one bert had, it took me awhile but I've learned to quit before it gets worse and start playing early, especially if a trip to the store's needed first!

Tom
Treefarm

Bert

A little update on this- starter is now in and works good. Log buyer came and what a dissappointment that was. Around here- unless "all" of your logs are over 16" in dia. you might as well stay home. Good thing is I have some really nice blocking/ pallet logs to saw. oh wait- still need to pick up a new battery for the 671.
Saw you tomorrow!

furltech

OH if we did not have days like those how would we know when we managed to have a good one .i still wouldnt give it up, but i am starting to think there might be something wrong with me  :D

sealark37

On a day like you have had, if I make it to dark without any stitches or broken bones, I count it to good luck.  Regards, Clark

Autocar

Yep Iam smiling, I realize other people have the same problems ,but it over did it on you  ;D
Bill

madmari

Thanks for sharing your " downward spiral day".  Every day starts new and fortunately good days outweigh the bad ones. Flank speed and fire at will!
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

timbuck2

Geez, had the starter rebuilt on my 353 DEEtroit 3 years ago, cost me $71 still is good as new.  Gotta love old TJ's, only need two tools, hammer and a big adjustable. HA ha

zopi

Now THAT is a man who knows how to have a lousy day...I feel for ya..blew the engine in my chipper the other day..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Autocar

Boy after reading all the problems everyone is having I feel much better  ;D There for a few days I thought I might crash and burn.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!