iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

video splitting some decent birch and maple with EastonMade 12-22

Started by jimbarry, January 28, 2019, 03:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbarry

hedgerow

jimbarry
Thanks for the post. What type of splitter did this one replace? How many cords a year do you sell?

barbender

Those Eastonmade are sharp machines and they look really well built. I think they need to add a drag back for use with the box wedge👍
Too many irons in the fire

york

Jim,did you also get the four way with your new machine??

The box wedge,kinda likes straight grain wood..
Albert

jimbarry

I also have the 4 way and 6 way. The box wedge weighs about 130 lbs. Its not something I can lift out easily. When I first put it in I had to lay on the couch for two days.  :-\

My other splitter is a Splitfire 255, I still have it. We are just getting into selling firewood. We're got a 130 cords in the yard to split as a starter.

As for the drag back, I did talk to Andrew Easton about that. Seen the drag back on the ABS and Japa systems. Now that I'm dealing with large blocks, I honestly don't see the need. I don't think we'll ever see really large diameter wood in our neck of the woods.

hedgerow

Jim Looks like you have plenty of wood to make a good test on that new box wedge style that Easton has made. I am a little surprised after seeing the wood you will be processing for firewood you didn't go with a med sized processor. 

Thank You Sponsors!