iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodworkers........Delta bandsaw tires?

Started by JimBuis, March 05, 2006, 08:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBuis

I need to replace the tires on my Delta 14" bandsaw.  I have only read about this, so I don't know much.  You guys and gals that know enough about this topic to make some recommendations, where would you order new tires from and who makes the best ones?  What are the pros and cons of one brand over another?  You know......all of the usual information would be appreciated.  By the way, I'd prefer to deal with a company that offers web sales as I will be having this shipped to Japan.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Don_Papenburg

I just bought a set of urethane tires from Woodworkers Supply  .  Theyalso hhave the rubber ones like original equipment . I bought the urethane tires because I had read that they would last longer and work better .
Haven't installed them yet  because I want to put the tension release on first.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

MemphisLogger

Jim,

You can get them from Woodcraft as Don said or you can order them direct from Carter Products

As for urethane vs rubber, it really depends on what sort of blades your using most. For small blades--3/8" or less I like rubber tires better. They give more and don't threaten the set on the wheel side as much. On Wider blades, the urethane offers a stiffer crown for better tracking and the crown will serve to save the set.

Both types are a breeze to install and should come with more than adequate instructions.

Good luck!
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

sawwood

I have the urethain tire on my 12 Sears bansaw and they are real nice.
I think you can also git them at Timber Wolf or from a Delta store. IF you
want the delta tires and can't find them let me know as i have a frend
that works at a delta repair shop.

Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Thank You Sponsors!