iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine Pole Zig-Zag fence

Started by kaskers, January 30, 2019, 09:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaskers

I am in upstate South Carolina and I have several thin tall pines that I would like to take down and then use them to make a zig-zag fence.  They are about 4x4 post size -- really surprised they even stay upright in the wind.  

After thinking about it more; I am like -- well is this just going to attract pine beetles, termites, powder post beetles, any other type of bug and not only will they eat the fence -- but will spread and kill every other tree in the yard.  

I think the fence would look awesome, especially if you can keep the bark on, for the surroundings -- on lake keowee -- but I need to do it in a way that  I won't regret.  

Thoughts on how to do this the right way?

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Wudman

The ones in ground contact won't last very long.  If you peel the bark, the ones above ground contact may last a few years.  With bark, the termites will work on you pretty quick.  The bark will start slipping in a few months anyway. 

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

kaskers

Oh, well none of it would touch the ground -- would use some 6 inch boulders, but I thought there might be something I could spray or coat them with to make them where the bugs didn't want anything to do with them.  

If I did it, it'd be nice to approach 10 years out of it.  

Thank You Sponsors!