iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree id please

Started by misty1957, October 09, 2018, 01:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misty1957

Looking for id of trees with some kind of nut on my property. Dont know if nut is edible or not.

bwstout

I would say it is hickory nuts if so they are good. My wife makes a Hickory nut pie just takes a lot of them and a lot time to crack and pick them out but it is good ;D
home built mill

DelawhereJoe

Hickory has a compound leaf so its not that, unless the nut is from 1 tree and the leaf from another. If the nut and tree came from the same tree it is definitely not hickory.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

curdog

The leaf looks like mulberry,  but the nut looks like hickory, and it appears to be a hickory hanging over the barn or shed in the picture...( the taller one)

lxskllr

Huh, I was gonna say it doesn't look like a mulberry leaf, but an image search says it does. It doesn't look like the mulberries we have around here. The ones around here look kind of like oak.

WDH

I believe that the leaf is basswood. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

TKehl

Quote from: lxskllr on October 09, 2018, 09:08:05 PM
Huh, I was gonna say it doesn't look like a mulberry leaf, but an image search says it does. It doesn't look like the mulberries we have around here. The ones around here look kind of like oak.
Mulberry can have a lot of variation.  Even on the same tree.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ron Scott

Yes to the leaf being basswood.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!