Started by stamper, June 13, 2013, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stamper

name the old rusty thing...in the middle that is
If you don't run, you rust.
-Tom Petty

beenthere

stamper
Would you let us know where you are from, and where you saw this old iron?

An update of your bio would help... ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stamper

This is something I saved because I have never seen another, except in old pictures
It has a second toothed arm, not in the picture [broken off]
-Tom Petty

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like an Unicycle without the seat.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

shinnlinger

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

haywire woodlot

Dave

ND rancher

My guess is a prototype of the Pinny woods turner!
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Brian_Rhoad

I think that is a log turner. Most likely was steam powered.

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 13, 2013, 10:23:50 PM
Looks like an Unicycle without the seat.  :)

David, I think it would be fun to see how you'd do on one of them ink blotter tests. ;D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

loggah

I,ll  go along with the log turner  guess, lots of other goodies there . I would like to see more pictures of your "IRON STASH" !! ;D ;D , What tractor is powering the road grader in the background? Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

thecfarm

Now you've done it. You have loggah looking and drooling.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Say when

pineywoods

Has to be a log turner and a DanG ingenious one at that. There's a couple of cams on there to increase the stroke. Looks like another shaft coming out the bottom, hidden in the grass. Likely powered by a pulley running a flat belt, hooked up somewhat similar to the carriage feed on a circle mill. The ingenuity of those ole timers never ceases to amaze me.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

stamper

Log turner is correct.
Grader is a Galion,  power is 1927 I-20 IHC
-Tom Petty

Fraxinus

Quote from: loggah on June 14, 2013, 08:10:22 AM
I,ll  go along with the log turner  guess, lots of other goodies there . I would like to see more pictures of your "IRON STASH" !! ;D ;D , What tractor is powering the road grader in the background? Don
That is a DanG interesting looking pile of rust.  We need to see more pictures of the rest of the inventory there.
Last Sunday was the first time I had ever heard your Lombard actually run.  It sounds Great!
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

clww

Looks like one of the weapons used on the History Channel's "Vikings". :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

stamper

-Tom Petty

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

loggah

Is that trencher a buckeye ??? ;D ;D there were a lot of companys making them, austin western  made some then, gooood stuff !!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D iwas thinking the power for the grader was IH from where the governor and shaft go to the carb. Lester glad you liked the noise !! ;D ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

stamper

Parsons model 18, 12-20 twin city engine,  Acquiring engine parts as I find them.....
-Tom Petty

Fraxinus

Quote from: loggah on June 14, 2013, 08:37:54 PM
Lester glad you liked the noise !! ;D ;D Don
Hey, it was good to see your mother again, too.  It has been many years and she looks great.  Is she still living in the same place?  I bet I haven't seen her since I left Beebe back in '83.  Geez, that's 30 years ago.  Where has the time gone?
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

tractormanNwv

There is a pic of a steam log turner in my 1923 American Sawmill Machinery book that looks similiar to that, do you know what brand it is?

Jim

stamper

-Tom Petty

tractormanNwv

In Philadelphia working right now, I"lltry to remember when I get home this weekend and put a picture with the info from my book on here to look at.

Jim

Thank You Sponsors!