iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eustace Conway's latest truck?

Started by Satamax, December 12, 2018, 05:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody. 

In "mountain men"  After Preston's death. Eustace gets a new red truck, not the old gasifier hilux. 

What is this latest truck? 

Boeing french, means that i can't spot the brand and model straight away. 

Thanks a lot guys. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

btulloh

That ran a couple months ago here.  Don't recall the make of the truck, but it had a lot of personality, like most of Eustace's stuff. Maybe somebody else remembers.  I think he drives a 2018 Dinali when the cameras aren't around.  
HM126

WV Sawmiller

I got an invite to his upcoming Turtle Island event for 4 May. I suspect I will be otherwise engaged at my then 11 y/o granddaughter's birthday party. I sent the invite on to my buddy down in Fla who is VP of the local bank. he is a big Eustice fan.

I saw the truck - he drove it to Beaufort SC to cut some trees and haul back some lumber but never noted what brand it was. It was not a Dodge or I'd have noticed I am pretty sure. I think it is a hybrid of a couple he put together in his buddy's junkyard. I see he did not rebuild his gasifier contraption.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Resonator

It was an junked out old Chevy flatbed 1 ton (missing wheels, seat, floor) that he traded some oak lumber for (IIRC).  I do remember it ran on gasoline, not wood chips. 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Satamax

Ok, thanks a lot guys. 

All i could see is a sign on the front fender. And couldn't read. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Well, i still haven't found what this is really. 

WV Sawmiller

See reply #3. Looked like he was pretty confident in that answer.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Yes square body Chevy or gmc 1 ton
With flat bed
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Resonator

It is in Mountain Men season 7, episode 3. About 19 minutes in, Eustace is in a junkyard and finds a rusted, red, late 1970's Chevy Custom Deluxe 30, with no wheels, but a running engine and a dump bed. He's able to find a seat, and tires for it, puts it together and buy's it.

Satamax

Quote from: Resonator on January 08, 2019, 03:12:24 PM
It is in Mountain Men season 7, episode 3. About 19 minutes in, Eustace is in a junkyard and finds a rusted, red, late 1970's Chevy Custom Deluxe 30, with no wheels, but a running engine and a dump bed. He's able to find a seat, and tires for it, puts it together and buy's it.
Thanks a lot to all of you guys. 
Resonator, you're a star! Thanks a lot sir. 

Resonator

Thank You Sponsors!