iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Classic 2300 (2009) - Firebox door

Started by buckgrunt, March 16, 2014, 06:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckgrunt

Hello,

I have an E-Classic 2300 manufactured in 2009 and I have encountered a little problem.  I recently replaced my door gasket for the first time and noticed what appeared to be some crumbling of the door insulating material that is bolted under the metal panel that faces the fire.  This appears to be causing some smoke/air to escape the firebox and leak through the door when the fan is on.  I believe that CB provides a replacement kit for the fire box door parts.  Does anyone out there have a similar experience ?  Cost ?

stumper

The door warped and that allowed corrosion to occur.  Very little warpage was needed to cause a problem.  The kit was free.  Get one immediately as if it fails you have big problems.  I would not wait till spring to replace.

doctorb

Exact same experience with my 2009 2300.  Installed the new door kit and everything has been OK.  I redo the gasket every off season.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Logging logginglogging

Yes I also did the free door kit, if out of warrantee then the kit is around 300.00. I waited until spring when I had the problem, and my inner door was nearly falling off, When I finally did the kit it was fairly easy, and I cleaned and gave everything a good soaking with oil before I put it back together.

Thank You Sponsors!