iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

igland wp 3000

Started by graves logging, July 18, 2010, 08:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graves logging

any one on here ever seen one work. i know they are slow but looks like it beats a powersaw.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

graves logging

thanks i have seen that.just wondering if anyone has tryed one

Randy88

I've talked to a guy that did, said it was small and the logs needed to be straight and knot free and nothing very hard, I think the size is under 12 inches or something.   It would be a great concept if you could get bigger material to go through it or real world wood we cut up to burn, they have a sideways shear knife for a splitter and it only shears the stick in half.   I've talked to a few that did buy one and they told me about the same thing, I asked about elm and hickory, oak and maple and  they all lauged and said "not in mine" sounded to me like they were doing pulp wood or somthing like popular but I never really got much of an answer so I kinda gave up on the idea myself.   I noticed in the vidoes that none of what they were doing looked like my crooked, knotty, twisted, short, limby, ugly, misshapen firewood logs like I cut so I figured maybe they were right. 

graves logging

well i just bought one so i guess i will find out!!!!! 8)

Randy88

Let us know first hand how it works and what you think of it after using it a while.

Thank You Sponsors!