iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

4501 Igland tractor winch.

Started by David-L, December 13, 2016, 06:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Anyone running a Igland 4501   3pt winch. I have a couple of small jobs that I need a winch for and considering this winch which is for sale in my area. Butt plate is hinged and the winch is 10k pull. I had a Farmi 501 ( sold it ) but those are much more money to buy new. Looks like quality workmanship on the Igland but wondering if anyone has one in current use. Can't justify moving the skidder off my hardwood lot for small dia cordwood on these jobs. Thanks.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

dustintheblood

I have an Igland 4001 behind a Case 1494 and it does everything that I need it to do in a mature hardwood stand.  Easy to maintain, parts are reasonable and it's a tough nut.  Had it now for about 15 years and would buy one again in a heartbeat.
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

thecfarm

I have the Norse 450,just like it,but add a 1 to the model number. I like the hinged butt plate and the higher point to winch from,the mast.I had some big pines and on some of the other winch models the logs would of been dragging on the way out. But I also feel the winches are all just about the same. Kinda like the major brands of chains saws and tractors.
I also made up some 4 foot chains for the small stuff. Much easier to use. Mine came with 8 foot chains. I also have 6 chockers. If I am hauling out small stuff,sometimes all 6 are used.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

David-L

Headed to get it tomorrow. Looks good to me, Used but not much. Will be used for mostly polewood. I will post a pic of the first use soon. Thanks .
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!