iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home made camper

Started by Bruno of NH, August 18, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

This is a truck camper my friend Josh is making.
He makes small camps and cabins out of log frames.
He uses hand tools for the frames.
Some back ground on Josh
He started working with me in high school and we worked doing carpentry up to this summer.
He's very talented. 
He's been helping me at the mill when he can.
it's not finished yet just wanted to share

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

He was looking for a covered bridge look
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GRANITEstateMP

Looks good Bruno,  just one question.  Is it legal to have a Ferd bed on a Chevy truck on your side of the State???
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Bruno of NH

I have been wanting that Ford bed to be gone.
I have some ash logs saved out for a wood flat bed :)

Hilltop366

Different, I like!

A friend of mine was telling me about the time he was setting up his pop up camper trailer in Kejimkujik National Park he backed in an levelled it up, unhooked the trailer then started to set up the camper, after a while he was almost done and was getting over heated thinking this thing is a total pain in the butt then he heard a truck back in to the next site, the door on the truck shuts and he hears a hammer tapping on a nail a few times and the a lawn chair unfold and a can of beer crack open. He says I got to check this out and looks over between the trees, the guy has a old ½ ton truck with a wooden box with sides and managed to find a old canvas tent that fit right in. He just nailed the tent in the box and setting up the tent was just a matter of flipping up the tent pole and nailing it to the box floor, done. 

DelawhereJoe

Is that thing gonns be water tight enough to hit a downpour at 65mph ? It would be a terrible shame to have a tiny gap somewhere for the rain to make its way in and get all your things wet.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

JB Griffin

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on August 18, 2018, 11:42:31 AM
Looks good Bruno,  just one question.  Is it legal to have a Ferd bed on a Chevy truck on your side of the State???
Absolutely not, its illegal in every country in the world.  :snowball: :D 
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

olcowhand

Being a Die Hard Chevy guy (thanks in large part to my Employee Discount), think_not I don't think my circle of friends would even allow me to try to put a Ford bed on a GM Pick up. They'd schedule an Intervention ("I'm Steve and I'm a GM Nut!")
I do applaud the innovation, however. smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

lxskllr

I like the look. My biggest problem with it is the weight hauling all that wood around. Would be better for a localish hunting cabin, or something like that than a cross country expedition. For the expedition, I like the tent in the bed idea. Lightweight, so you aren't paying as much in fuel carrying your shelter.

Bruno of NH

He bought the truck in Vermont it had the Ford bed on it.
He wanted the cab and chaise it was almost rust free for the year.

reswire

Somehow, that truck strikes a soothing "Ch-ord" in my soul... ::)
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

sandhills

The one my late Uncle built

The trips it made to Alaska

I like his too Bruno!

Thank You Sponsors!