iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gasket ?

Started by trapper, October 16, 2018, 09:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

What do I need for gasket material for the door of my central boiler classic?  The temperature is starting to raise too much after the damper closes.  Also what glue?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Ivan49

Does it use rope gasket material. If it does on my Woodmaster I used silicone it 1 inch long strips all around the door and stuck the gasket in that. Do not use a solid bead around the door because when you have to replace it again. a 15 min job becomes a couple of hours and a lot of words of why you did that the first time

buckgrunt

I recommend going to this website for all your OWB parts:   https://www.woodfurnaceworld.com/collections/e-classics-parts

Dave Shepard

It does use rope, about 1" diameter. I have a new rope and sealant from CB somewhere. I'll post particulars when I find them. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

trapper

buckgrunt thanks for the link.  Any other tips.  First time changing gasket.  Furnace 15 years old running year around.  Been lucky only 1 small leak so far 2 years ago.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Dave Shepard

I found my gasket, so a picture as promised. That's a quarter on there. This is from CB. I didn't measure the length. Found a spare draft door in the box, too. Bonus!

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!