iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portable sawmill in West Texas - Lubbock area

Started by E-Tex, November 12, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Tex

I had a guy contact me about sawing 65 miles SW of Lubbock Texas.  Since I am on the other side of the state it's not feasible to saw for him due to the distance (But I will go :) !!!)

He is located about 65 miles SW of Lubbock Texas and has approximately 50, 40-year old "pines" he needs sawn for a cabin.  They were originally planted as a wind break.  He will take the trees down this winter.

I told him I would ask around on the forum for a portable mill out that way!

Please contact me and I will put you in touch with this gentleman.

pm me or email @ eitel15.3@gmail.com
or call me at 903-894-7628

Thank You,  Lance
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

WV Sawmiller

Happy Birthday E-Tex. 

I'd tell him to check the FF list of contacts under the Extras button on the home page. If nobody is listed there check the WoodMizer site for their Pro-Sawyers in the area. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Skipper11A

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 12, 2018, 04:27:47 PMI'd tell him to check the FF list of contacts under the Extras button on the home page. If nobody is listed there check the WoodMizer site for their Pro-Sawyers in the area.
I checked the FF list of contacts and the sawmills are almost all in East Texas (where the timber is), with one in South Texas.  Surely, in a city as large as Lubbock there is a sawyer or two milling urban logs as a hobby.  The problem, of course, is finding them.

Idiocrates

Its probably just as difficult to locate a tree in Lubbock as it to locate a sawyer there.  The only millable trees there are like he said....humanly planted....and from the one person I know who lives in that neck of the woods....if he cuts down that many forty year old trees his neighbors are probably gonna get extremely PO'd!!
James

WV Sawmiller

The Woodmizer site lists a Pro-sawyer with portable services. Go to the WM site, click on Services, select Find a Sawyer, enter Texas and search and scroll down to Lubbock.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

E-Tex

Thanks y'all.

I've sent him the wood-mizer local sawyer info and have a couple other distant ones to send him.

I'm kindof hopeful of making a long road trip.  Have truck camper, will travel!!!!
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Thank You Sponsors!