iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin 120-B P/A/B year?

Started by earache, December 02, 2018, 09:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earache

Wondering if anyone on here can get me the year of my Franklin 120 forwarder with this serial #?

Sustainably managed forests are good for the environment, providing clean air and water, wildlife habitat and carbon storage. Thanks to responsible forest management, we have more trees in America today than we had 100 years ago. The device you are viewing this on offers none of those benefits.

BargeMonkey

Call "Baker and sons" in OH, they can pull a build sheet on most franklin machines with a serial # and give you all the info. 

earache

Sustainably managed forests are good for the environment, providing clean air and water, wildlife habitat and carbon storage. Thanks to responsible forest management, we have more trees in America today than we had 100 years ago. The device you are viewing this on offers none of those benefits.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

WWright

thecfarm

earache,welcome to the forum.
Yes,that is a nice looking machine.
Been logging long?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

Nice little forwarder I'd like to own one like that or similar one day.
Precision Firewood & Logging

earache

Thank you. It is a pretty clean one. There are a few around, but none that I know of working full time. And I could hardly consider mine working full time either as my time is split up so much between cutting, forwarding, trucking, bulldozing, looking at jobs, paperwork, etc...
I own my own logging operation. I've been through three harvesters, and six forwarders.... I was "up" to a Fabtek 133XL and a Ponsse Wisent 8 wheel forwarder. That was the most un-fun logging has ever been for me. My pace has slowed considerably over the years, along with my willingness to have debt. The most fun I ever had logging was a first thinning white spruce plantation with a Husqvarna 346XP and an old guy running an old Allis WD40 with a cable jammer.
I'm headed back that way it feels. I hope so anyway.
Thank you for the props on the Franklin.
Thank you for the welcome.
Wait til you see my lowboy tractor-trailer...

When it isn't on the lowboy, it rides on a 1972 Wisconsin tilt tag.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!