iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farm and Ranch Insurance

Started by Mike R, July 09, 2019, 08:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike R

Group, it's been awhile since I've been on the board. I'm looking for general guidance on Farm and Ranch Insurance. I have a 135 acre farm (mixed pasture and timberland) located in Angelina County, TX. I'm having some problems getting insurer interest since they want to ensure everything (house, personal and farm vehicles, livestock - everything that can be insured to load up the cost). My farm does not have a house and I'm currently covered by another insurer on my personal property. I'm strictly looking for farm liability coverage ($1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate). Can you guys recommend an insurer, preferably one in the East Texas area, who I could contact?

Thanks for your feedback.

WDH

Mine is through Liberty Mutual.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

btulloh

Have you talked to any local agents?  Maybe get some recommendations from neighbors with similar needs.  An agent in your area has probably been through this multiple times.  Most likely you'll end up with a secondary insurer who is comfortable with the farm and ranch business.  

I had difficulty a while back when I switched HO insurance.  Things have gotten a lot tighter with liability issues in the past ten years or so.  Most of the big companies you see advertising just aren't interested.  A local agent got me squared away.  Apparently a farm/ranch situation is the most dangerous place on earth.  The word "sawmill" opens up another level of difficulty.

Being in VA, I can't provide any specific recommendations for you in Texas.  
HM126

btulloh

I had been with Nationwide for years and they had no problem with me when they paid a visit in 2006.  Last fall they spit me out like big hairball, and nothing had changed, just improvements.
HM126

LAZERDAN

I have heard good things. Texas Farm Bureau insurance.

Redirect Notice

Lazerdan

Thank You Sponsors!