iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what would you do with a hydraulic power unit?

Started by hackberry jake, September 25, 2014, 10:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Work was scrapping a hydraulic pump/reservoir/motor assembly. I asked if I could have it and they said no problem. I already have one on the mill for the log turner... I'm not real sure what to do with this one. What would you guys do with it?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

golddredger

I am putting a log lift on my trailer with my extra hydro pump. Just like on the mill but on my logging trailer. Then I can pull up and load logs without having to parbuckle them.
Home built bandsaw mill and trailer for a mini logging operation. Lots of chainsaws and love the woods.

bandmiller2

Put it in stock mate you will need it later. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sealark37

Dave Shepard

How big? I have a 10 HP three phase unit that I'm going to run my mill with when I get it under a roof.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

hackberry jake

This is a smaller one. It has a 3/4hp three phase motor on it now, but in its first life it only needed 275psi of pressure. A self loading log trailer would sure be handy! I would probably mount a small gas enging on it for that use.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

mad murdock

what kind of cu. in. displacement is the pump?  That would determine what you could do with it more than anything. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

LittleJohn

WOOD SPLITTER!!

Or should I say CUSTOM wood splitter  ;D

...bandmiller also has a good idea; store it cause your other one will probably fail when you need it the most

Dave Shepard

That's a smallish pump, especially for anything like a woodsplitter.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ozarkgem

well if you don't come up with a good idea send it my way ::)
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Thank You Sponsors!