iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new saws

Started by David_c, August 29, 2003, 07:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_c

Hi guys
 new to the forum this is my first post. I just recently bought two new saws 8) 8) both huskys one is a 350 for the small stuff and limbing the other is the 372xp. I was just wondering if any of you have or know anything about them. Such as strenghts and weaknesses. thanks i have enjoyed what i have seen so far on the forum keep it up.

chet

Welcome aboard  David. I have 4 Husky's that I am running.  If they have one weekness, it would be that they don't work by themselves.   :(  They always seem to jist sit dar and wait for me to fire dem up before they go to work.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

David_c

Well if they worked by themselfs what fun would that be.

TJACK

David,

I have 3 huskys 55, 359 & 372.  I Don't think they have a weakness.  Truely a great saw which will last you many years.  I run 40:1 not 50:1 as the book calls for.

TJACK

David_c

TJack why do you run 40:1 instead of 50:1

Rob

Hi David,

The reason for running 40:1 is for better lubrication,I run my 385XP at 32:1 with Maxima K2 synthetic oil..Most people think you will be fouling plugs left an right but that really is'nt the case as long as everything is adjusted correctly you will never have that problem..I would suggest you run your new saws at 40:1 especially during the break in period..Hope that helps

Rob.

Ron Scott

Both are great saws for your intended use.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!