iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Queen size bed

Started by rjwoelk, April 23, 2019, 11:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwoelk

Some legs ,stretchers,headboard, birch thanks to my good friend Brad for the added touch the walnut.

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Weekend_Sawyer

Very nice.
Do you use a box spring with that or just put the mattress on the platform?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

rjwoelk

Just the mattress, my biggest issue is getting my wood dry, but I found a guy in Regina ,30 min from me ,that got a IDRY kiln, so will see what he can do, he has had it for not quiet a year and is still green on using it.
The 3 beds I have made so far have been good no checking, but this one I am not so sure of it was a lot wetter.  Bed rooms are usually cooler so that helps. Would like to do a kitchen table but that has to be down to 7 ,8%
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jemclimber

That looks very nice! Can you explain or show how you did the platform, what you used to cover it?
lt15

rjwoelk

I did a mortise and tenon joints for the legs to headboard stretchers etc.. 
I have a 2x6 length wise, to support the deck.  then cut 3/4 plywood just shy of 30 inches covered it with carpet to keep the mattress from moving around .
It would be nice to have the wood dryer, but got quoted 3.00 a board ft  to dry 2x material, so that's out of the question.
To keep all the mortise from withdrawing I screwed 1.5x1.5 cleats at each joint. 

Thank You Sponsors!