iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

evidence of moose

Started by thecfarm, September 27, 2012, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

We went for a ride and saw these beside the road half way beween Rangley and Stratton.
Here's some pictures of some moose scouting  :D

the hole

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

Wait till they spread the word that you got good mud and tell their Moose chums. :D

thecfarm

Here's the tracks

here's the trail

My step son is guiding a moose hunt. I just want him to make sure he knows what he is looking for.  :D
We drove through some woods and no homes or camps and saw nothing. We got just about into Rangley,we could see main street and my wife starts to holler deer. By the time I got the car stopped it was 10 feet behind us and on the edge of the road. Than 3 more walk out of the  bushes. Can't really say woods,we was surrounded by houses. Ain't that always the way.
Kinda glad it was behind us or my dog Boo-Boo would of had a fit barking at them.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

They'll make quite a trail for sure. ;D Is that a mineral spring possibly?

The biggest challenge for me if I had a moose license is getting the moose out of the woodlot. No roads, all walking trails. Finding one isn't even work. Saw a dumb bull that would just stand yesterday until I made some noise. They sure are dumb. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Swampdonkey,I guessed the same thing too. I did not bother sticking my finger in to find out.  :D Yes,they are dumb.

Mooseherder

There has got to be some exotic aquatic plant at the bottom of these mud holes they just can't resist. ;)
When they stick their head under water and come up eating that's awesome.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

Oh... hello. You were looking for me ?  ;D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Cypressstump

Nice picture Sprucebunny.

Once while I lived/worked in SE Idaho, I got between a cow moose and her two nearly 5 ft tall at shoulder calves.Long story,,, but the morale of the story is Never,Never,Never find yerself between a Momma Moose and her youngens',,,, never...
When them big ol' long fuzzy ears lay back, it's time fer some fancy footwork. !

Stump

Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Thank You Sponsors!