Sponsors:

Happy B-day Kirk Allen !

Started by sprucebunny, October 25, 2004, 07:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Kirk_Allen

Thanks !

Its been a great day!  Another load of stuff to the farm and Dad was waiting for me when I got there.  We finished replacing half the roof on the garage.  The other half will be done in the morning!  

Now I can set up my tools with no rain!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Captain

Have a happy, Kirk.  May the rain stay away, the sun be at your back, and the wind keep the sawdust out of your eyes.

Captain

babylogger

8) 8) happy birthday..sorry i was late lol!!!! love logger
love logger

MrMoo

ARKANSAWYER

Kirk,
  Another candle added but I am sending the rain your way as I am tired of it.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Kirk_Allen

Thanks everyone.  Its greatly appreciated................to a degree.

Arky, we need to talk about this rain stuff.  Got here around noon.  Caught me off guard in a bad way.

You see, I had one hole about the size of a basket ball (sawed-off shotgun from last tenant) that I needed to get covered.  Thought I could manage by myself.

Nor problem!  Got 4 runs done and the hole was covered...........then it began to rain.  PROBLEM.  Steel roofing is not conducive to walking on when its wet.  PROBLEM. The ladder was under the first run of roofing........................of which I could not get to because it was to wet.  

I sat on the roof feeling real stupid.  Started yelling for my wife.  No luck.  She was on the computer.  After 30 minutes of sitting on the roof in the rain whistling and yelling I figured it was time to jump to the Spruce trees next to the garage.  Heck, they were only 10 feet away.  

About the time I stepped back to jump, the Verizon guy shows up to hook up my business phone line. Even with all these problems I couldn't resist the temptation to mess with the phone guy.

You see, where I was on the roof was out of site from anyone because of the spruce trees.  I hollered " Hey, can you hear me now"    He responded yeah, but where are you.  "Over hear, can you hear me now"?.

He got me back!  "I'm here to hook up the phone line and I'm supposed to make sure you know I'm here."  Then he walked around the house and went to work.  I yelled but he didn't hear me because of the wind.  When he was finished (20 minutes later) he came back around the garage and told me he was done and that I need to come down and sign the ticket.  

I said no problem.  Just move that ladder over to where I can get to it with out sliding off this roof and busting my keester.
About that time my wife came out and asked if I needed any help with the roof.  I politely asked here to move the ladder while the Verizon guy watched :(

EZ

Sorry for being late, but, Happy Birthday Kirk, and many more.
EZ

redpowerd

same here
at what age do birthdays start getting old? :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

DanG

Sounds like you had a memorable B-day, Kirk. :D :D  Just remember, NEVER mess with the phone man. ;D  Happy belated. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

reberly

Happy b-day from this end too Kirk.
Rich
http://Eberlywoods.com

Big lumber is our legacy

WV_hillbilly

Happy Bday Kirk .  The real question is " do you have the mill up and running yet ? "  
Hillbilly

Kirk_Allen

Hey Rich, Good to see you posting.  You still need to speak up on the drying forum and tell all about your kiln.

Hillbilly:  Mill up and running yet?  Not only up and running but flat wearing me out.  Dont have enough time to cut all the wood I have and orders keep coming in.  Not complaining but running one business keeps me swamped let alone another.  I cant believe the life of its own it has taken.  All is good...........other than I havent figured out how to get 28 hours into a 24 hour day ;D

ARKANSAWYER

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Thats funny about the phone guy.  But I told you the rain was coming.  I guess it was a good thing it was not lighting. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!