iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

poplar logs market

Started by Old TimberCutter, January 19, 2008, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old TimberCutter

I have a good stand of veneer grade poplar to cut. I am having a hard time finding a good market for it locally . Does anyone know a good place to sell around tenneesse georgia line, and what kind of price its bringing? Thanks

timberfaller390

Hey yall it depends on what part of the TN/GA line your on. I live in the north west corner of GA. and I sell everything I cut to Valley Wood in Laffeyette Ga. about 30 min. south of Chattanooga TN The current price and specs are 17'6"  Max Dia. 28" outside bgark min. dia. 10" inside bark. pays 28.00 a ton
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

timberfaller390

Valley also takes poplar as hardwood sawlogs in 8'6" 10'6" 12'6" 14'6" 16'6" 2 clear sides and straight price paid by grade and scale.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

just_sawing

I buy poplar pretty well weekly. #2 is 20 to 25 cents Best is 45 to 50 Cents
Everything else is in the middle. If your close to Cannon County TN PM me
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

J_T

Just Sawing same here too  :'(
Jim Holloway

Old TimberCutter

How far from chattanooga is cannon county?

timberfaller390

Hey yall there is also another place in Laffayette Ga thats called Southeastern Log Wholesalers and Guess Brothers sawmill in Dalton GA. haven't dealt with either one but alot of guys haul loads to Guess Brothers  If you want phone numbers or directions my email is timberfaller390@yahoo.com
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Sawyerfortyish

Too bad your not in PA there is one company paying more for popular than oak. Last I knew popular was like .60ft. I was invited on a tour of that mill about a year ago and I went. There only sawing 900,000 ft per week( and no I didn't put to many zeros). My head was spinning at there planer 40,000 ft per hour.

thedeeredude

Quote from: Sawyerfortyish on January 19, 2008, 11:18:21 PM
Too bad your not in PA there is one company paying more for popular than oak. Last I knew popular was like .60ft. I was invited on a tour of that mill about a year ago and I went. There only sawing 900,000 ft per week( and no I didn't put to many zeros). My head was spinning at there planer 40,000 ft per hour.

Who is that? 

Sawyerfortyish

thedeeredude

I thought so.  Been there a couple times.  Awesome.

Thank You Sponsors!