iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 572XP

Started by labradorguy, September 06, 2018, 12:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

labradorguy

Any news on when these will be available in the US??

outinthewood

My understanding is around Feb 19 and as we in Europe have seen them come and dealers selling what they had only to be told no more till next year that would point to a push to get them out to you. The new C 85 chain is also in short supply. 
I've been running mine for 6ish weeks and it will be worth the wait. Very smooth, good power and exceptional air filter. 

HolmenTree

Thanks for the update outinthewood.
I always enjoy your great on site videos in the woods of Ireland, keep them coming. :)

There are a few 572XP's making their way into the hands of some U.S. saw modifiers or shall I call them "saw builders"? :laugh:
It appears a few of these builders are getting stumped in figuring them out how to get more power out of them without butchering them up.

It very well might be true the factory made a true bullet proof design. :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

ehp

Give 1 to me and I will tune it up, 8).

outinthewood

Thank you Mr H, when Husqvarna started to give details about the 572 I was a little "ok really" about the claims but to be fair the AT, air fliter and heat guard really are the business. A lot has been made about how much it weighs which is the same as a 372 XT so I don't see the problem ? I've been running mine with a 28" full comp and it's very able. As for having one "ported" I'm sure one will arrive but in stock out of the box state it's a very good saw. Be interested to see how the 565 is thought of ?

weimedog

Looks like the approach that works on 562's will probably help the 572's at some level (Minus the Muffler mods related to heat reduction)...but until we see how they are actually delivered who knows. While the ones who indulge will vigorously defend their opinion, porting is over rated for most anyway, a good running stock saw with a smart Bar selection and a sharp chain is the best solution for the large majority of folks. With these newer Autotunes from both Stihl and Husqvarna, they run so well (After break in) along with the added cost of having them tweaked....many will just watch the on line community beat their chest vs. actually spend their money to get them "worked" is my hunch..:) AND after watching how that all went down with the 562's. Personally I may check and see if there is a little compression to be had, but that's all I plan to do when they become available AND I get one. Hearing the 575 is going to be a "Bang per Buck" saw like the 365 was.....might start there if the rumors are true.

Think we are going to miss the era of ms460 and 372xp's for a starting point to tweak. Kind of reminds me of when rules pushed 125 two strokes out of the main stream of dirt bike racing. Cost of that entry class sky rocketed.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

outinthewood

Interesting, I do a lot of windblown work and as the saw is doing a lot of free running i.e. cutting undergrowth out and such like I avoid pretty much using a "ported" saw on that work so I value a stock saw just as much. I feel the AT on the 572 and it's build quality is at last something to look at. We all know of the problems with the 550/560 and 562 and the 572 and I would suppose 565 have gone beyond this I hope !!
I will be interested to see in about 8-10 months how they are doing just as I'll be interested in the MS 462's progress.
With regards to doing a job on the muffler, it seems to be fairly open already although I have yet to take it off for a closer look, what did you and Spike think ?

weimedog

Not enough time on or around the 572's to form an solid opinion based on anything but pure speculation at this point. I can speculate based on what I did see. The larger bearings and crank add weight and might add durability. The Cylinder layout is very much like the 562's and the transfers wrapped around the exhaust port vicinity to pick up heat is pretty much the same. Couple of things I saw that should help is the larger air space under the muffler along with the way cooling air has been directed around the cylinder has to help manage the heat. Along with the heat shield between the cylinder and the air box seem to address some of the heat related 562 issues. This in addition to the ventilated covers all add up to a better chance of avoiding the problems encountered with 562's. Inboard clutch is nice to live with but adds heat to the equation so hoping the net change is in the right direction. Time will tell!

On the muffler & mods..to open it up. I don't know. I'm not a fan of hack and slash unless a definable plan and result is possible. I'll have to wait as see. I think my first direction of exploration is doing things as I do on the 562's now, and see if there is a little compression to be had by decking the cylinder. My "Popup" piston 562's run strong and have have proven reliable along with the cooling mods I do. I'm not interested in jerking around with timing and cross sectional area on the ports yet for more RPM's but more punch might be nice hence the hunt for compression. That's it until I get one and have time...:)
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

labradorguy

I was hoping there would be a few of them show up here a little sooner. Oh well.... my old 371 will make plenty cuttings for me while I am waiting. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for all the replies guys.

ehp

I got a 562 here that has cut about 2.5 to 2.6 million feet of big hardwood and is one of my best saws that I built for myself , and if that piston can take that much pounding their pretty good as my piston has a lot of machining done on it . a stock 395 is abit stronger running the same 28 inch bar setup on them but with a 22 inch setup the 562 is stronger

HolmenTree

Ed, it would be something if a 565 p/c could fit on the 562.

I like my 562 too. Even though it's stock it does everything I need as I'm not piecework logging..  
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

ehp

Im sure the crankcase bolt pattern will be a lot bigger on the 565 but if someone has enough time you can pretty much put anything on any crankcase . I know I have made a few engines that were lets just say a lot bigger than stock cc's. A good mill and lathe and tig is all you need

FYRWOOD GUY

Quote from: labradorguy on September 06, 2018, 12:24:20 PM
Any news on when these will be available in the US??
I stumbled on to the part numbers of the 572XP/G by accident today. the IPL's have been on the dealer only website for a long time, so I ordered some of both. the info I got was they would be shipped by 01/31/2019 or there about.
keep your SHARP chain tight don't force a dull chain to cut

Thank You Sponsors!