iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NewPage files for bankruptcy

Started by Skiddah, September 07, 2011, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grassfed

Mike

KyMasterLogger

i got a letter in the mail today stating they were filing bankruptcy. they still owe me for 2 loads.

mill_boy

I think im getting kicked square in the butt. Ive been cutting pulp by hand since i came out of high school and a little bit before that. im next in line to get on a harvester as well.

mad murdock

welcome to the form mill boy.  Mill closures are not a good deal for anyone.  So many mills have closed across N. America in the last decade or 2.  I wasn't here in the PNW when the spotted owl debacle came down, but that was a death blow to hundreds of mills within a matter of a couple years.  Mergers, shutdowns, etc.  I think that if a guy wants to look to a future in the woods, it will require a lot of "outside the box" strategy.  I look at my tree farm and am always thinking of ways that I can make something that I will be able to sell/trade/barter for what I may need for myself and my family, as this economy begins to unwind, things are going to get crazier and crazier.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Jamie_C

There is one contractor in Cape Breton that is owed just over $280,000 for wood ... The largest single amount owed to any wood supplier by a large margin

mill_boy

Quote from: Jamie_C on September 28, 2011, 07:17:04 PM
There is one contractor in Cape Breton that is owed just over $280,000 for wood ... The largest single amount owed to any wood supplier by a large margin

I do believe that is Brent maccinis. new page owed/owes about that much. he lives in french vale and has a small sawmill and firewood business as well.

Jamie_C

Quote from: mill_boy on December 24, 2011, 07:11:40 PM
Quote from: Jamie_C on September 28, 2011, 07:17:04 PM

I do believe that is Brent maccinis. new page owed/owes about that much. he lives in french vale and has a small sawmill and firewood business as well.

Nope wasn't Brent, if memory serves me correctly the next closest wood supplier was owed about $100,000 less than the guy that was owed about $280,000.

mill_boy

Keltic

My neighbor is owed 45K by NewPage, big hit for a two man operation.

Thank You Sponsors!