iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunday Breakfast

Started by Norm, November 07, 2010, 09:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Decided to sleep in since we got that hour back.  :D

We try to make Sunday mornings special with a big breakfast. Something we don't have time for most other days.

Today I made sausage gravy. Icey would have appreciated my sloppy cooking style.

Found a recipe for homemade biscuits.

Topped it off with a fresh egg from the hen house over easy.

Boy was this ever good, could have eaten twice that amount but sure glad I didn't. Anyone else have something special for Sunday mornings?

Mooseherder

That looks good.  I'd need a nap after that. ;)
We usually make a big breakfast on Sunday mornings also because other mornings are usually a rush.
This morning we had oatmeal and toast because we made Egg Mc Muffins without McDonalds last night for dinner. :)

Paul_H

Since early October I've been cooking Mushroom,ham and cheddar omelets or french toast in a old cast iron frying pan set on the woodstove,Sunday mornings.
My 10 year old loves the Waltons series so she figures the food tastes good cooked Grandma Walton style :)
As the days get shorter and colder,I look forward to cooking some soups and stews on the woodstove.
My grade school teacher,Mrs Rhodes(yes,it's true,I'm a Rhodes scholar  ;)) always said "small things amuse small minds"
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

moosehunter

Norm, I made the same thing you did, almost. I used moose breakfast sausage and did not think of the egg. I'll try to think of that next time!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

My idea of a big breakfast is to go outside and work until about 10 and come inside and eat. Nothing really all that fancy for me.Maybe a half dozen eggs over easy and some sort of meat,bacon,sausage,ham or steak will do.The wife might just make the eggs in a pan.Just break the eggs in a pan,add peppers,onions,meat,lots of cheese and I'm good to go. I like some sort of bread in my left hand,bagel,toast,biscuits.A big spoonful of jam,jelly on the plate,just to have a little on the fork before the eggs goes on to it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CHARLIE

Donna usuallyfixes me a big breakfast on Sundays. This morning we had Grits with butter, scrambled eggs, scrapple, blueberry muffins and copius amounts of strong black coffee. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

LeeB

I had to drive to Houston this morning so Lindy wanted me to have a substantial breakfast before I left. We slept kinda late, so there wasn't time to really do any cooking. She got out a leftover piece of chicken fried deer meat and made me a sandwich with lettuce and tomatoe. I thought that it was kind of a strange breakfast, but it was really good. Some body remind me that driving to Houston from North Arkansas is a really dumb idea, exspecially when the company will fly me. I did enjoy the scenery though.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

LeeB, just driving from north Texas to Houston is a dumb idea, but cheaper than airfare.  Just back from a long weekend with the kids in Dallas.  Beautiful weather, beautiful scenes, but hours on the road.  Getting to old for that. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Buckwheat pancake, sausage, parfait with raspberry and blueberry, and a pot of coffee with a muffin or two. Oh, wait. I have that about every morning going off to work. I may have been born in a hurry, but by golly I'm making me something to eat. I can't skip meals too well because my guts go into turmoil.   ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Swamp,

What's a parfait up there? To me it's ice cream.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

Note to Lee

Driving to Houston from North Arkansas is a really dumb idea.    :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LeeB

I'm sure I'll be painfully aware of that while driving home next Friday evening. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

Had a party Saturday night, does a handful of aspirin and a pot of coffee count?
steve_smiley steve_smiley
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sandhills

Quote from: Texas Ranger on November 08, 2010, 07:25:24 PM
Had a party Saturday night, does a handful of aspirin and a pot of coffee count?
steve_smiley steve_smiley
Spent 4 days in Vegas, wasn't quite that bad but know the feeling.  Sunday morning breakfast club:  Breakfast sausage on the smoker, sliced potatoes with peppers, onions, and butter (real butter) on the smoker, over easy eggs and toast.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 08, 2010, 06:13:46 PM
Swamp,

What's a parfait up there? To me it's ice cream.

Layered yogurt, granola and frozen fruit (raspberry/blueberry). Sprinkled ground pecans on top. ;D It turns to ice cream with the frozen fruit. :D

McDonald's sells them with about 2 tablespoons in a tiny cup, about $2. I make a great big one for that and serve in a proper parfait cup. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Sounds good. Pretty much the same thing we have here for desert but use Ice Cream.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!